Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Library Books on Mentor Lite 2?

I've looked at the site and can't figure out if Digital Editions pdf/epub library books will work on the Mentor Lite 2.
Also, I notice it doesn't play as many formats of books. Is it missing any that I will regret not having the ability to read?
Thanks for all the answers!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Formats and Mentor Lite 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I've looked at the site and can't figure out if Digital Editions pdf/epub library books will work on the Mentor Lite 2.
Also, I notice it doesn't play as many formats of books. Is it missing any that I will regret not having the ability to read?
Thanks for all the answers!
S

Dear silverraven:

The Mentor Lite does have a few rather-obscure formats less than the EZ Reader Basic or Pocket PRO. They are made by two different factories. There are no main formats missing. Unless you really love WOL as a format (maybe a few others that are not so popular) you will never miss those formats. They are largely on there for the Russian market it appears and are not big in the USA. ALL the most popular formats are still there.

The Mentor Lite 2 does have Adobe Digital Editions ported on it. That will give you DRM (copyrighted) eBooks in EPUB and PDF. It will also give you reflow of the PDF. Non-DRM Mobi, Fictionwise, and Microsoft (LIT) and FB2are on there and more. Those are really the main formats. So, no, I do not think you will ever notice the omission of the lesser-known formats (no offence to anyone or any format intended).
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The generic answer is that every EInk device that supports mobile Adobe Digital Editions can read Adobe lending library ebooks, and this includes the Mentor Lite 2. The only way to tell for sure, though, is to have someone confirm that these work by trying one. The Cool-er and the Elonex in the UK use essentially the same software as the Mentor Lite 2, but because they are mostly sold in Europe I have not seen any actual reports of lending library use with these devices.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Is the Mentor Lite 2 actually for sale now in the US?

I haven't found it on a website.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote