Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
Waterdog
Waterdog began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
tags on RSS feeds mixed up

I download several groups of RSS feeds every day. Since there are so many, I have organized them into groups like "tech feeds" "marketing feeds" etc. They were working fine. Then suddenly (before I updated Calibre and after) the tags that are automatically added to news feeds are mixed up. The built in recipes work fine. Results are like this, but I have six blog groups and they are all wrong.

CNN - NEWS, CNN
Tech Blogs - NEWS, Marketing Blogs
Marketing Blogs - NEWS, Financial Blogs

etc.
Waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
how are you adding the tags to your custom feeds?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Waterdog
Waterdog began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
not sure what you mean. I use ADD A CUSTOM NEWS SOURCE, then I choose a recipe from the panel - choosing one that is actually a feed group. Call it SPORTS FEED. Then, I add a newsfeed to the group and choose the add/update recipe button. It works fine. The only "tag" is the feed title.
Then, when Calibre downloads the feed, it gives it the tags NEWS, FEEDNAME. The problem is that the FEEDNAME tag is wrong - on every single one of the feed groups. IT just seems to choose one of the other FEEDNAMES, seemingly at random.
On the reader, everything works fine, it's just that they collections are all wrong. I may have to choose the SPORTSFEED collection for example to look at NEWSFEED items and vice versa.
It had been working fine, and when it started acting up I had not yet updated to the newest release. I have now updated but it still has the same problem.
Waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm odd, can you open a ticket and I'll look at it when I get some time
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
davef
davef is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-700
I've seen this too. The contents of scheduler.pickle seem to be incorrect (a little hard to read, but I can see text for things I no longer have active subscriptions for and that text shows up as the 'tag' for an existing subscription). I had fixed this once by deleting all my custom sources and rebuilding them, but it got scrambled up again somehow.

Actually I'd be happy if there was an easy way to just suppress the title in the tag. Piling everything under 'news' is enough for me. The title tag just creates lots of extra categories on my Sony, so I've taken to just editing them off...every day.
davef is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
LeoRivas
LeoRivas began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-500
Hi
I am suffering the same (version 0.5.14)

I am using my own recipes for RSS, and they alone work well, but when I try to fetch, even the yellow baloon on the sistem tray says other feed is being fetched.

For example, this is part of the log from one of them (called "La Tercera", but the software thinks it is downloading "El show de Juanelo"):

-----------------------------------------
Job: Fetch news from El Show de Juanelo

**JobKilled**: Job stopped by user
INFO: Downloading

DEBUG: Fetching http://latercera.com/contenido/692_144840_9.shtml

DEBUG: Fetching http://latercera.com/contenido/692_144840_9.shtml
..etcetera...
----------------------------------

I came to the conclusion that this happens when feeds are scheduled for download. Even if you download manually from the 'scheduled' section, tags get messed.

When I disable the scheduling for each feed, they work ok again (weird)

For the moment I decided to dowload feeds manually, hope to have put some light on this problem
Leo
LeoRivas is offline   Reply With Quote