Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
Lycoming
Capt Chaos II
Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2
Two readers one PC

My 505 reader is registered with my copy of Adobe Digital Editions on my Dell laptop. I want to use the same ADE to load books on my wife's new 505. ADE is asking me to register the new 505 using my Adobe ID. Will registering the new reader negate/override my own book?

We both use Macs in the real world, and only have a Windows laptop for the readers. I'm still amazed that Sony have not made the Mac and reader compatible.
Lycoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Momo_Germany
Connoisseur
Momo_Germany began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 (great!!) +DX, Sony PRS-505,-700,-600 (dislike!), iPad
Hi!

Greetings from Germany! - I do the same: ADE on my Computer is registered at the same ID (email) as 2 Sony-ebook-Readers. So both of us can use the books we've bought. It won't negate/override your own books or your registration for your own reader. You can use the same ID for 6 devices (including Computer). So it would also work with one Computer and 5 ebook-readers or with 3 Computers and 3 readers.

The only thing to be careful is: better keep some of the 6 registration-possibilities for the case you must re-install your Computer or buy a new Computer or something like that.

But in cases like this it also seems to be possible that you phone Adobe and let them extend your licenses.

But, however: one Computer and 2 Readers with the same ID are perfect.

I wish you and your wife good times with your readers.

Sorry for my bad English,
Momo
Momo_Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Note that you can also register your two Macs with Adobe as well, but that will be 5 devices (2 readers, two macs, and a PC). The advantage of this is that you can then download Adobe content via the Macs.

At least some of the new reading devices that are coming out with Adobe Digital Edition from other providers are going to support Macs as well as Windows. See for example Cool-er: light, trendy, inexpensive e-book reader. So perhaps Sony will be forced to mend their ways.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
Lycoming
Capt Chaos II
Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2
Thanks for the information, it's appreciated.

I wrote to Sony last night, and surprisingly had a reply today. There is no intention to make the reader compatible with Macs, they do however apologise for the inconvenience.

Never mind, we will survive, until Apple make or co-create a reader.....
Lycoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoming View Post
Thanks for the information, it's appreciated.

I wrote to Sony last night, and surprisingly had a reply today. There is no intention to make the reader compatible with Macs, they do however apologise for the inconvenience.

Never mind, we will survive, until Apple make or co-create a reader.....
That's interesting... The president of the division that makes the Sony Readers was quoted in an interview earlier this year saying that Mac support was in the works and expected to arrive sometime this year. This being Sony, of course, I'm not holding my breath...

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
The president of the division that makes the Sony Readers was quoted in an interview earlier this year saying that Mac support was in the works and expected to arrive sometime this year.
From Digital Book 2009 a Recap (i.e. this week):
Quote:
Then there was a keynote from Sony with Robert Nell, Director of Business Development ...

... Nell was asked by Ron Hogan why Sony hasn’t solved the problem of incompatability with Mac computers, considering that Mac users are technologically curious and tend to own multiple devices. Nell’s answer: “We’re working on it.” This is nearly identical to the answer he gave when asked when Sony would have on-board Wifi
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote