Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 02:54 AM   #1
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
Ubook is beginning preliminary Epub Support.

It opens it as a zip file, which ubook is happy with.

No metadata, tocs, curly quotes, special characters, hyperlinks, or xml, and a real license is still $15, but hey - this is the first software that even tries to open Epub for Windows Mobile.

So, Yay µBook!

-bjc

Last edited by brewt; 03-21-2009 at 12:43 PM.
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I believe FBReader runs on Windows Mobile and it has had ePUB support for quite a while.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I believe FBReader runs on Windows Mobile and it has had ePUB support for quite a while.

Dale
There is a Windows Mobile version of FBReader? Where?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
There is a Windows Mobile version of FBReader? Where?
Oops, That is what I get for trusting my memory. There is a Java version that should be able to run on Windows Mobile but you are correct, no native version yet.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #5
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
From the official µBook support forums (http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/ubo...pub-yay.html):

Re: Ubook + Epub = Yay!
Also one reader brought to my notice that some books have xml (xhtml) text instead of .html file. Here's the recipe to make it work, until I fix that:

For some reason the HTML is tagged as XML in the OPS folder. So here's the steps (that you'll have to do only once):
- Go to Open...
- At the top hit the +/- to get the browser options
- Tap browser options, then tap on Show All files.
- Go to the OPS folder in the epub file.
- Open one of the xml file.
- Now you'll see that uBook doesn't know what to do with XML, so go to
Options...
- Go to the Book section
- Again hit the +/- to see advanced options
- In Parser, Select Use HTML
- Then above, hit Save as Default for XML
Now you can go back to the XML file (or any XML file) to read it normally.

Cumbersome I know, but it works. I will add defaults for XML to go the HTML way for the next release.

-bjc
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert