Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #346
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Freebie

Storm (Storm MC #1) by Nina Leivine
Kindle | Kobo

Quote:
Madison Cole’s family is the Storm Motorcycle Club. Her father is the President and her brother is the VP. She grew up surrounded by bikers, crime and violence. Two years ago she walked away from her family and the world they live in. Her soul was shattered, her heart was broken and she had an addiction she couldn't shake. She picked up the pieces and put herself back together. Now her family wants her back. The club is being threatened and they send a club member to return her home to safety; the one person that could destroy everything she has worked so hard to build.

Jason Reilly has sacrificed a lot for the motorcycle club he calls family. Two years ago he made the biggest sacrifice of all; he gave up the woman he loved for them. Now he is being sent to bring her back and he is conflicted. He thought he was over her but discovers their connection is as strong as ever. Their love was all-consuming, passionate and fiery. It was also their undoing and he doesn't know if either of them is strong enough to battle the demons that ripped them apart, to find love again.

Madison and Jason are brought back together by a force out of their control; one that pushes them to a breaking point. Can they overcome their past and discover a love worth fighting for or will the harsh reality of their world finally and completely break them both?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #347
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
I'm looking for more backlist titles (historicals especially) that are 99c in the Kobo store to use that coupon. Any suggestions?
I'm also trying to remember a digitally reissued contemporary that I think was a Sillhouette title. The heroine was a scientist and she and the hero were on an island or tropical setting and the cover was pink IIRC, and it was part of a series. I own a lot of Linda Howard (or maybe I'm thinking of Elizabeth Lowell) titles with a similar theme and characters but this author's writing was more lighthearted. I think I own it but I have no idea how to search in my vast Kindle archive given that I can't remember the author or title.
Edited to add: I identified the book I was looking for as Untouched By Man: Mastersons in Paradise #1 by Laura Leone. It definitely doesn't have a pink cover so I'm not sure where that came from!

Last edited by hannahi; 06-24-2014 at 02:20 PM.
hannahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #348
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I use to love and read anything I could find by Lovespell years ago. Once ask a book seller to get me all the books by that publisher I was told that was to hard to find books by a specific publisher. Now I know they just did not want to do the extra work but at the time I did not know any difference and believed them.

Getting married in 13 hours. Since we were married 17 years ago on this date we decided to get married again on the same date. Yeah, we are crazy :lol:
Have a wonderful day!
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #349
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Have a wonderful day!
Ditto, hope you have a wonderful ceremony and celebration!
hannahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #350
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
I'm looking for more backlist titles (historicals especially) that are 99c in the Kobo store to use that coupon. Any suggestions?
Here's two I found

The Devil's Envoy by Jasmine Craig (Berkley 1988)
Too Deep for Tears by Kathryn Lynn Davis (Pocket 1990)
Advert
Old 06-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #351
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
I'm also trying to remember a digitally reissued contemporary that I think was a Sillhouette title. The heroine was a scientist and she and the hero were on an island or tropical setting and the cover was pink IIRC, and it was part of a series. I own a lot of Linda Howard (or maybe I'm thinking of Elizabeth Lowell) titles with a similar theme and characters but this author's writing was more lighthearted. I think I own it but I have no idea how to search in my vast Kindle archive given that I can't remember the author or title.
Edited to add: I identified the book I was looking for as Untouched By Man: Mastersons in Paradise #1 by Laura Leone. It definitely doesn't have a pink cover so I'm not sure where that came from!
I got Two Anne Barbour Regency romances that were $1 and I got a Western Historical set by Cynthia Wright that is 99 cents. I already had two of the books in the set but I didn't have Brighter Than Gold.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #352
apesmom
Wizard

There's also a ton of Elizabeth Chater backlist titles for $0.99
Old 06-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #353
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
There's also a ton of Elizabeth Chater backlist titles for $0.99
That's true I find her books are hits and miss for me. I do own them all though. I bought the sets which was much cheaper than buying them at 99 cents a book.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #354
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Getting married in 13 hours. Since we were married 17 years ago on this date we decided to get married again on the same date. Yeah, we are crazy :lol:
Congratulaions. Hope the day is beautiful for you!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #355
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
So for the first time since Sony's eBook store went the way of dodo birds and beta max tapes, I've decided to try and buy from Kobo. Is there a way for me to tell, before buying, if a book is available as DRM-free ePub or only as Adobe ePub?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #356
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
So for the first time since Sony's eBook store went the way of dodo birds and beta max tapes, I've decided to try and buy from Kobo. Is there a way for me to tell, before buying, if a book is available as DRM-free ePub or only as Adobe ePub?
Ha! On Kobo?! There's hardly even away to tell what format.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #357
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
While this works it's a pain. Click "Save Preview" (next to the buy button) and then go to your library on the website. If it has an ePub download available it will say either "Download options: EPUB (DRM-Free)" or "Download options: Adobe DRM EPUB" underneath the book title and author name. Sometimes it will be a PDF instead (rare) of an ePub and sometimes there will be nothing listed which means it's kePub only (getting less rare than it was).

Then to get rid of the preview check the box next to it, click delete, then click the trash tab, check the box, click delete forever.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #358
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
I've just bought a romantic suspense bundle at $.99 : Crimes of Passion (Amazon | Kobo)

I've only read Rachel Grant's BODY OF EVIDENCE before, and it's by far my favorite in her Evidence series. I felt like I was watching a fast-paced action flick when I read the book.

I'm interested in a couple of other books in the bundle, so I didn't hesitate to snag it at such a great price (couponable at Kobo).

Quote:
Love and danger collide in 6 romantic suspense books featuring strong women who meet their perils--and their men--on their own terms.

CRIMES OF PASSION: A Crimes of the Heart Collection brings together books by 6 of the most popular writers of romance and suspense today, all in a LIMITED EDITION bundle. All books can be read standalone--no cliff-hangers.

BODY OF EVIDENCE - Rachel Grant
HER SANCTUARY - Toni Anderson
TWENTY-EIGHT AND A HALF WISHES - Denise Grover Swank
LOOSE ENDS - Terri Reid
LOVE AND SMOKE - Jennifer Blake
PAST TEMPTATION - M A Comley

BODY OF EVIDENCE (Evidence Series) - Rachel Grant

In North Korea retrieving the remains of GIs, archaeologist Mara Garrett is arrested and sentenced to death for spying. Curt Dominick, an ambitious, infuriatingly sexy US attorney mounts a rescue misson that morphs into an explosive chase across the Pacific. Desire clashes with loyalty when the conspiracy they uncover threatens not only their lives but national security.

HER SANCTUARY - Toni Anderson

Running for her life, ex-FBI agent Elizabeth Ward escapes to the solitude of Montana with a new identity. Nat Sullivan, struggling to keep his ranch from bankruptcy, doesn't need a beautiful stranger complicating his life. But Elizabeth isn't what she seems. And when a murderer and rapist track her down, they all discover the power of revenge -- and redemption.

TWENTY-EIGHT AND A HALF WISHES (Rose Gardner Mystery - Book 1) - Denise Grover Swank

Rose Gardner's had visions before, but never of herself dead. When her overbearing momma winds up murdered instead, she's the prime suspect. Rose makes a bucketlist of 28 wishes, targeting neighbor Joe, with secrets of his own, for #15: Do more with a man. Then her house is broken into, someone else she knows is murdered, and suddenly, dying a virgin in jail isn’t her biggest worry.

LOOSE ENDS (A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery - Book 1) - Terri Reid

Combining her cop experience with a talent to communicate with ghosts, PI Mary O'Reilly's big challenge is convincing the handsome police chief she's not nuts. But when the ghost of a woman drowned in a Senator's swimming pool 24 years ago points to a connection with the cold cases of five missing girls, Mary becomes a target of a serial killer out to tie up all his loose ends.

LOVE AND SMOKE (Contemporary Collection) - Jennifer Blake

Riva Staulet triumphed over past betrayal to reinvent herself as a woman of wealth and power. Noel has always been a Southern gentleman of rock-solid principle, stalward in his sense of justice. When a ruthless politician from her past resurfaces, Riva must risk utter ruin to prove him a murderer. And as death and disaster loom, Noel must choose to stand with her or against her.

PAST TEMPTATION (Temptation Series) - M A Comley

Until now, Nicole's main focus in life has been running her successful business while raising her daughter, Sammy Jo, single-handedly. Now, Nicole's ex-boyfriend, Josh, has turned up determined to rekindle the relationship he ran out on. But before they get the chance to pick up where they left off, Nicole's personal life is put in mortal danger.

Last edited by BuyMore; 06-24-2014 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Redo the post
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #359
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
While this works it's a pain. Click "Save Preview" (next to the buy button) and then go to your library on the website. If it has an ePub download available it will say either "Download options: EPUB (DRM-Free)" or "Download options: Adobe DRM EPUB" underneath the book title and author name. Sometimes it will be a PDF instead (rare) of an ePub and sometimes there will be nothing listed which means it's kePub only (getting less rare than it was).

Then to get rid of the preview check the box next to it, click delete, then click the trash tab, check the box, click delete forever.
This did work. Thank you!

I am now the proud owner of a DRM-free ePub of the Hostile Operation Team boxed set.

EDIT:
I tried to give you karma, but the forum says I have to give some to others first, before it will let me. So you get this thanks instead!
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #360
apesmom
Wizard

Penguin bargain. 11/13 release, was a DA Recommended Read.

The Luckiest Lady in London by Sherry Thomas - $1.99
Kindle | Nook | Google

Quote:
Felix Rivendale, the Marquess of Wrenworth, is The Ideal Gentleman, a man all men want to be and all women want to possess. Even Felix himself almost believes this golden image. But underneath is a damaged soul soothed only by public adulation.

Louisa Cantwell needs to marry well to support her sisters. She does not, however, want Lord Wrenworth—though he seems inexplicably interested in her. She mistrusts his outward perfection, and the praise he garners everywhere he goes. Still, when he is the only man to propose at the end of the London season, she reluctantly accepts.

Louisa does not understand her husband’s mysterious purposes, but she cannot deny the pleasure her body takes in his touch. Nor can she deny the pull this magnetic man exerts upon her. But does she dare to fall in love with a man so full of dark secrets, any one of which could devastate her, if she were to get any closer?