Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #196
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm999 View Post
I assume mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet is the right file?
Now that you say it...
Well, the directory was right. But of course start.sh was missing.
Thanks, works now!
NOW I can use the modified launcher.sh to start my new USBNET/KoReader and should be able to access my files even if I get stuck in KoReader, thanks again!
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #197
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
I've made a small patch to set the number of pages full refresh menu vs reading ( when clicking on bottom or top menu to have some full page refresh after 6 pages, but if when reading to be 1).

Attached , files needs to be copied over last koreader-cgm.zip (in this thread).

the extra option is set in defaults.lua like this:
-- number of page turns between full screen refresh
-- default to full refresh on every page turn
DRCOUNTMAX = 1
-- DRCOUNTMAX_inopt will be used when some menu is activated
DRCOUNTMAX_inopt = 6

(the file from zip ./koreader-cgm2-extra/add-to-defaults.lua is NOT used, just a hint that this new opt goes into defaults.lua)
Attached Files
File Type: zip koreader-cgm2-extra.zip (6.2 KB, 275 views)
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #198
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I was looking at the source code, trying to figure out how to add a proper menu to the home screen (i.e. FileManager). It looks like there is one already there and it should be activated if you press in the top 25 lines of the screen. Does anyone know why this isn't happening? Or am I just interpreting the program incorrectly?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #199
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
I was looking at the source code, trying to figure out how to add a proper menu to the home screen (i.e. FileManager). It looks like there is one already there and it should be activated if you press in the top 25 lines of the screen. Does anyone know why this isn't happening? Or am I just interpreting the program incorrectly?
I don't know why it is not there for you, or why I could only get it to drop down on two occasions, back when I was stuck in the KoReader, but I can say that the times that I did get it I was trying to select the "./" at the top of the listing. I tried many times to get it again as one of the selections in the dropdown menu was "Exit" and I had hoped that it could get me unstuck.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:28 AM   #200
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, now I've got the latest "giorgio130" port running with his script from Koreader GitHub. I am no longer unable to leave Koreader and return to the Kobo UI. (Now I can put it to sleep and powered off with the pretty pictures.) I'm a happy camper.

I tried to get that dropdown menu again but only a dozen times or so, it took me a lot more than that to get it before.

Luck;
Ken

I got the "Home menu" again!! It is a dropdown box that looks like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
{spacing to place the title in the center}Home menu {more spacing}-[X]-

Last documents
Exit

{spacing to place the title in the center}page 1/1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The -[X]- dismisses the dropdown box.

I think the sweet spot might be just above the "./" line about a quarter to half way to the "FileManager" text.

The Exit did a restart with the dancing squares and back to the Kobo UI.

Luck:
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-12-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #201
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
I did not notice that in koreader epub my mod is not showing up, will see why is that and hopefully fix .

How about the Kobo devices with lower resolution?800x600 and 1024x7xx , what issues do we have for those ?
I'm still slowly working up this thread to see what I missed the last weeks...
Your mod is koreader-cgm I guess?
I can't see the bug icon in the lower menu at all, and I'm not sure what good this mod does on my Mini, I can't see any change at all!
Right now I have removed it completely, so if I should check something again you need to tell me what exactly to install and what exactly to test.

A few more questions, first of all, the top menu in the file manager view (called home menu) is unbelieveable hard to get, at least on my mini.
Same for the closing button, but especially the "Last documents" part in the home menu is extremely useful. Is there any way to make it bigger?

Second, my dream would be to change the touch zones, I want something like a "touch anywhere" to page forward.
I did some changes to /frontend/ui/reader/readerpaging.lua, but they do not have any effect at all.
I tried to change the values for TapBackward and TapForward in function ReaderPaging:initGesListener(), and I also tried to change self:onPagingRel(-1) into self:onPagingRel(1) in function ReaderPaging:onTapBackward(). But Koreader completely ignores that, I can still just tap back on the left and tap forward on the right. I also asked this question a few days ago on the corresponding Kindle Thread, no answer there yet, does anyone of you know why these changes are ignored?

And last, I like to "toggle bold" in the font weight menu at the bottom. But Koreader seems not to remember this setting, I have to do it every time I open my book again, why is that?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #202
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Attached zip with my stop/start wireless scripts.
As for screenInv.so , first get ssh working then run reader.lua manually from koreader folder like this and see if is giving any errors

(also make sure you are doing chmod a+rx /root//screenInv.so one time)

kobo_shell# cd /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/
kobo_shell# LD_PRELOAD=/root/screenInv.so ./reader.lua /mnt/onboard/test1.pdf
Inv works: Lovely!!
I had to reinstall kobo-nightmode_build8, than copy-paste your while-do-done loop and voila! (I checked the rights for screenInv.so and the chmod-command did not alter them. Why the extra command? Just to make sure?)

w_on/_off works!!
I had to change the IP in the start_wireless to 192.168.1.96 to notice any difference. The Usbnet is using 192.168.1.102 so I could already telnet over that IP. Is it on purpose, so that you can telnet to the same IP whether the USB-cable is connected or not?

Last edited by Markismus; 07-12-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #203
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

I've got everything^ working under koreader-v2013.03-266-g4f36cd2. What is the chance of damaging the mods after upgrading to koreader-v2013.03-273-g01d0425?

(^Everything is reboot button on top, light and sleepmode, debugcommands with wireless on/off and screeninversion.)

--->After upgrading and remodding everything seems to work.
I REALLY like REFLOW!!

Last edited by Markismus; 07-12-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #204
Markismus
Guru

I copied koreader-cgm2-extra to .kobo/koreader and lost all functionality but filemanager and one page of an opened pdf, which if tapped returned to filemanager. After replacing all files with their originals it works again.

Could this be the result of not 1) copying everything from koreader-cgm2-extra over koreader-cgm2 and 2) then copying everything into .kobo/koreader?
After replacing all the files with the originals from koreader-v2013.03-266-g4f36cd2 I found that the script add-to-defaults.lua was missing. Is this deleted after use? Or did I forget to copy it and did that cause the non-functionality?

Last edited by Markismus; 07-12-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #205
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
OK, now I've got the latest "giorgio130" port running with his script from Koreader GitHub. I am no longer unable to leave Koreader and return to the Kobo UI. (Now I can put it to sleep and powered off with the pretty pictures.) I'm a happy camper.

I tried to get that dropdown menu again but only a dozen times or so, it took me a lot more than that to get it before.

Luck;
Ken

I got the "Home menu" again!! It is a dropdown box that looks like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
{spacing to place the title in the center}Home menu {more spacing}-[X]-

Last documents
Exit

{spacing to place the title in the center}page 1/1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The -[X]- dismisses the dropdown box.

I think the sweet spot might be just above the "./" line about a quarter to half way to the "FileManager" text.

The Exit did a restart with the dancing squares and back to the Kobo UI.

Luck:
Ken
The "sweet spot" should be exactly on the "FileManager" text. It should even be easier to reach now since the DPI is set to a proper value, and the same holds for the [X] on the top right corner.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #206
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
The "sweet spot" should be exactly on the "FileManager" text. It should even be easier to reach now since the DPI is set to a proper value, and the same holds for the [X] on the top right corner.
That is working too. And it is better/easier. The Text looks a little better on the rest of the page as well. I am finding that, for the selections that are right next to the edge, I have a better chance if I roll my finger or thumb down off the Bezel onto the screen. Some of this is improving, in part, from practice and experimentation. I still think it is harder than it should be though.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #207
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Now that Koreader is running well and I can move back and forth between it and Nickel, there is the issue of how to have a large file based library on the external uSD card for Koreader's use and prevent Nickel from "Processing" it into it's data base. As a last resort, I could insert and remove the external uSD only while Koreader is running. But it would be nice if I could disable the "Processing" of the external uSD by Nickel, or make it so Nickel no longer "sees" the external uSD. Any Ideas?

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #208
Markismus
Guru

Maybe you could make the library hidden, e.g. ".libraryKOreader", or even put it in KOreader directory.

Then either you give reader.lua the directory as a starting directory by adding the path behind reader.lua in the script "koreader_kobo.sh".
Or you rename it before starting reader.lua to a sub of /mnt/onboard and before starting nickel to a hidden name. The script to use before nickel is "run.sh" (or etc/init.d/rcS see https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo...g_Telnet.2FFTP) and the script before reader.lua is "koreader_kobo.sh".
Old 07-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #209
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Maybe you could make the library hidden, e.g. ".libraryKOreader", or even put it in KOreader directory.

Then either you give reader.lua the directory as a starting directory by adding the path behind reader.lua in the script "koreader_kobo.sh".
Or you rename it before starting reader.lua to a sub of /mnt/onboard and before starting nickel to a hidden name. The script to use before nickel is "run.sh" (or etc/init.d/rcS see https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo...g_Telnet.2FFTP) and the script before reader.lua is "koreader_kobo.sh".
I think we are using the term "Library" differently. I am looking to stop Nickel from processing the contents of the external uSD card, or have it not see the FAT32 formatted card at all.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #210
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I think we are using the term "Library" differently. I am looking to stop Nickel from processing the contents of the external uSD card, or have it not see the FAT32 formatted card at all.

Luck;
Ken
It is mounted in /mnt/sd isn't it? Couldn't you unmount it before nickel and remount before reader.lua?