Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #46
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Nope.

All my libraries are on the new and unimproved "Next Generation" layout.
I went back and checked every single library I have access to and only one of them using the new layout has that option
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #47
JNCalif
Enthusiast
JNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
I almost did good this week... and then those Kobo codes arrived - at least they were really good deals!

Sins & Needles by Karina Hale
Undeclared by Jen Frederick
Kaleb by Nicole Edwards
Love Love by Beth Michele

So by apesmom's math I *really* only bought 4 books!

With Kobo codes:
Misplaced Princess & Misplaced Cowboy by Mari Carr & Lexxie Couper
From this Moment On by Debbi Rawlins
When the Cameras Stop Rolling by Connie Cox
Secrets & Saris by Shoma Narayanan
plus a couple more not-romance

I'm excited about the two Misplaced books - they were discovered via a "what is the title" threads and sounded too good to pass up. Online friends, mistaken sibling identity, and sexy cowboys!
You will LOVE the Misplaced books - they're terrific! Mari Carr is an autobuy for me - she could rewrite the phone book and I'd be first in line to buy it
JNCalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #48
Ararose
Enthusiast
Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post

Yes, Vaughn is yummy, lol. Now that I've completed book 3 my mind is all over the place wondering if the Ghost is really who I think it is. I suppose it's way too early to speculate but I can't help myself!
I can't decide if you are unlucky because you will be tortured with hints about the Ghost for the next 8 books or lucky because you won't have to wait for the Ghost's book to come out!
Ararose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #49
Ararose
Enthusiast
Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Fire
Oooohhh I can get 'How to Kill a Rockstar' by Tiffanie DeBartolo through Freading at my library! Score!:
Ararose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #50
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ararose View Post
I can't decide if you are unlucky because you will be tortured with hints about the Ghost for the next 8 books or lucky because you won't have to wait for the Ghost's book to come out!
Ha! Right now I don't feel lucky, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ararose View Post
Oooohhh I can get 'How to Kill a Rockstar' by Tiffanie DeBartolo through Freading at my library! Score!:
No two ways about that, you are lucky
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #51
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
My library has a "Request a Book/CD/Movie" form to fill out on the main page where you can select "e-book" as one of the choices for said request.

Sadly they cannot get any more Penguin books since after lifting their "no libraries" ban they are now only allowing 3M library systems to purchase books. I'm eligible to join the library system the next town over (which has 3M), and I plan to do so. But they only have a very limited number of books and I don't see a request feature on their site.

I was pretty good this week, just 5 books:
  • Beneath the Badge by Donna Alward
  • Leopard's Prey by Christine Feehan
  • Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh (already read in print but wanted to complete my collection)
  • The 1st Victim by Tami Hoag
  • Bewitching by Carla Neggers
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I bought 5 books already today and used up my book allowance for the week. That's okay right? I already have plenty to read.

Just a heads up. We are out of Freon again. I've contacted our HVAC guy and waiting on when he can come out and charge the unit again. So I may be late in posting the free books tomorrow. Right now it's 72F in here so it's not a issue but tomorrow when I get up it may be too warm for me turn on my PC. I'll have my tablet so I can check and reply to threads though. I am so hoping he comes early in the morning but he probably be in the afternoon. So hopefully sometimes in the evening I can post them. If you see a freebie you know we would like post it please. I don't want you guys to miss out!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
My library has a "Request a Book/CD/Movie" form to fill out on the main page where you can select "e-book" as one of the choices for said request.

Sadly they cannot get any more Penguin books since after lifting their "no libraries" ban they are now only allowing 3M library systems to purchase books. I'm eligible to join the library system the next town over (which has 3M), and I plan to do so. But they only have a very limited number of books and I don't see a request feature on their site.
Brooklyn is a great library to join for out of state $50 a year and you will make that back in books in no time. They have alot of romances. I will be renewing as long as they let me.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #54
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Brooklyn is a great library to join for out of state $50 a year and you will make that back in books in no time. They have alot of romances. I will be renewing as long as they let me.
I'm from NYS and recently joined Brooklyn, but when the card came, it said I needed to activate in person. Since I'm at the opposite end of the state, 9 hours away, that's not do-able. I this a change in policy, or do they waive it somehow for out-of-towners?
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #55
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
I'm from NYS and recently joined Brooklyn, but when the card came, it said I needed to activate in person. Since I'm at the opposite end of the state, 9 hours away, that's not do-able. I this a change in policy, or do they waive it somehow for out-of-towners?
It's all online even payment. They will ask you to send a photocopy of your drivers license via email. It took less than a few hours to get activated.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It's all online even payment. They will ask you to send a photocopy of your drivers license via email. It took less than a few hours to get activated.
I got my card via email before the physical copy arrived much later.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #57
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whew! I managed to read all of the books and novellas in Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling series in time for Heart of Obsidian tomorrow. While I enjoyed some books more than others there were none I wholly disliked. I love the overarching rebellion plot. Since the protagonists appear in multiple books—and I know not everyone has read them all yet—I’ll just say my very favorite couples are
Spoiler:
Lucas & Sascha, Judd & Brenna, Nathan & Tamsyn, Max & Sopia, and Walker & Lara. Honorable mentions to Zach & Annie, Dev & Katya, and Emmett & Ria.
I am so looking forward to the next book.

Last edited by library addict; 06-04-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: add spoiler
Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #58
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ooh, that's so tempting.

It will have to wait until I save up a chunk of my book-buying budget. It's still in recovery from the last Kobo contest.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #59
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Does anyone use 3M app for android? I downloaded book on my tablet and tried to read it via aldiko - no dice.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #60
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

Fortune's Mistress US DE by Mary Chase Comstock (Zebra regency author).

Quote:
In London society, girls are warned about the perils of hoydenish behavior. Their reputation once lost can never be retrieved. This is the story of Marianne Gardiner, one who fell from grace and into a world the ton never mentions. Is she lost forever, or will love save her from the fate of being Fortune's Mistress?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote