Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #16
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I think it looks kinda cool....as the article says, this is almost exactly what Windows 8 was designed for.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #17
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I actually like the way that looks. Not too fond of the price, of course, but...still. That could be useful for some serious art-work. I assume that it's the desktop version of Windows 8 and not the gimped ARM version, though. Otherwise it's a colossal waste.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #18
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexutix View Post
Soon we will find wall hangers for them. And remotes. Wait, isn't that just a TV?

On a serious note, I don't know yet what place does it get in a typical home. But it might boom for some purpose we haven't yet discovered.
TV and remotes were my thought too.

It could make a very intelligent self contained small sign. Just power and wifi and a bracket on the wall or window would be needed. Of course a pointer mouse would be useful.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #19
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I'd love to have this to replace the bookshelves and shelves full of CDs and DVDs in my house. The only problem is that the software doesn't exist for it yet.

I'd want something that can display all of it in the same program, on virtual shelves, and has the capability of sorting by media type, title, author/actor/artist, and subject. It has to have search capability for all of those things, too. Of course, I also need to be able to browse through the shelves using cover flow, and touch an object I like to take a better look at it. I need to be able to show/play the media from the device, as well as queue it up onto other devices in my home.

If I could get software like this, I'd install it on multiple tablets throughout my house--a nice large one like this sony hanging on the wall in the living room, a smaller one in the guest room, one in the office/den.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I'd love to have this to replace the bookshelves and shelves full of CDs and DVDs in my house. The only problem is that the software doesn't exist for it yet.
Well, There's this:
http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/10/popul...ia-center.html

Might it be close enough?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #21
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Media software

Or XBMC? http://http://xbmc.org/about/

(the interface is considerably prettier nowadays)

Andrew

Last edited by andyh2000; 10-25-2012 at 10:52 AM.
andyh2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Those are kind of close, but not what I want. I'm not only looking to play the media on the library device, I want to be able to choose the media and send it to any other device in my home, from an e-reader, to an iPad or other tablet, or a TV with attached media player. From a quick look, it doesn't seem as if either of those applications allow that yet. Basically, I'd like something kind of like Calibre content server, that allows for movies and music, too. It would also need to be able to wirelessly send the content to the external device, or copy it via USB.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #23
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Those are kind of close, but not what I want. I'm not only looking to play the media on the library device, I want to be able to choose the media and send it to any other device in my home, from an e-reader, to an iPad or other tablet, or a TV with attached media player. From a quick look, it doesn't seem as if either of those applications allow that yet. Basically, I'd like something kind of like Calibre content server, that allows for movies and music, too. It would also need to be able to wirelessly send the content to the external device, or copy it via USB.

Shari
... and all this seamlessly as well. Well we need dreamers to set the goals.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote