Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #91
syber
syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hahahaha funny

Update to explain: it's not funny you're a he, it's funny that you stated that in the list of all the other details

And you're sure you have a perfectly normal home network? Nothing Japanese about your IP address?
Just wanted to make sure I got it out of the way

And no my IP resloves to a Canadian ISP

Quote:
Could you send us the contents of the \.kobo\version file, too, syber (instructions here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=27).
I assume this is a file on the Kobo itself?

N905J28300657,2.6.35.3,2.1.1,2.6.35.3,2.6.35.3,000 00000-0000-0000-0000-000000000320

Last edited by syber; 09-12-2012 at 11:03 AM.
syber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #92
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by syber View Post
Just wanted to make sure I got it out of the way

And no my IP resloves to a Canadian ISP

I assume this is a file on the Kobo itself?

N905J28300657,2.6.35.3,2.1.1,2.6.35.3,2.6.35.3,000 00000-0000-0000-0000-000000000320
Thanks, syber.

Mrs_Often, PeterT: for some reason I can't open the copy of the database I've just downloaded, but am I right in thinking that the N905 prefixes always go with the 0110 revision number?
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #93
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Mrs_Often, PeterT: for some reason I can't open the copy of the database I've just downloaded, but am I right in thinking that the N905 prefixes always go with the 0110 revision number?
Ehm. Hm. Actually, nor can I. What kind of file was the zip originally? I get something that only wants to open in a text editor but then appears to be empty. Sorry to say I hadn't checked before because there were so few numbers around still that I could "remember" most (or just look back a few pages)...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #94
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Ehm. Hm. Actually, nor can I. What kind of file was the zip originally? I get something that only wants to open in a text editor but then appears to be empty. Sorry to say I hadn't checked before because there were so few numbers around still that I could "remember" most (or just look back a few pages)...
It was .odb (I only have LibreOffice on my new laptop at the moment). That might be the problem. However, I just got into my home network and downloaded the original. What I have discovered is that, along with the new entries from the last couple of days, the N905x format goes along with the 0110 revision number, and vice versa (four instances so far). However, there is another difference in syber's data - the final three digits of the \version file are 320, not 310 as every other number we have the full information on (though I didn't put the whole lot in every instance of the database, I can remember - I'll correct that later when I redo it in another program!)
Old 09-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #95
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
You're always talking utter toilets Peak...
I missed that earlier! I like to think that one out of every ten things I post is not quite utter toilets ... but I could be wrong
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #96
syber
syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
syber's data - the final three digits of the \version file are 320, not 310 as every other number we have the full information on
So are you saying I am an oddity...an Enigma?
Cool, I have only been here a few days.
syber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #97
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Just a thought. I don't know where the Kobo factories are, but could J be Japan, C be Canada, and B be ... Belgium (or wherever)?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #98
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by syber View Post
So are you saying I am an oddity...an Enigma?
Cool, I have only been here a few days.
I can't comment on you, syber, but your KT is showing signs of oddity!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #99
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo: Touch, Glo, Arc, Aura, Glo HD, Nexus7, nergy Pro HD
y
Quote:
Just a thought. I don't know where the Kobo factories are, but could J be Japan, C be Canada, and B be ... Belgium (or wherever)?
I thought KT was manufactured by Netronix in Taiwan?

I understand the original Kobo used Netronix h/w. KT's external dimensions are identical to Netronix E60622 and technical specs are practically identical to that of E606A2.
kumaryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #100
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaryu View Post
y

I thought KT was manufactured by Netronix in Taiwan?

I understand the original Kobo used Netronix h/w. KT's external dimensions are identical to Netronix E60622 and technical specs are practically identical to that of E606A2.
I did a quick (1 page) Google search a bit earlier, and couldn't find any manufactories listed other than Taiwan. Perhaps murg will give us a bit more information about what he meant.

On a completely different topic, here is the "database" so far, in .doc format, since I can't get LibreOffice's database program to work nicely (I've been corrupted by too much Microsoft use, obviously!). I'll do a very basic analysis later.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Kobo Touch information v0.0.2.doc (31.0 KB, 254 views)
Old 09-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #101
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I missed that earlier! I like to think that one out of every ten things I post is not quite utter toilets ... but I could be wrong
Naaahh you know I was joking Peaks, the toilets part was just so fun because you obviously meant something else with those smileys
Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #102
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Incidentally, there's another Enigma: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...php?t=190836#2

This time a Europe sync gave 2.1.1... Plus, apparently the Kobo developer in that thread wasn't surprised at all that it had happened... weird.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #103
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
On a completely different topic, here is the "database" so far, in .doc format, since I can't get LibreOffice's database program to work nicely (I've been corrupted by too much Microsoft use, obviously!). I'll do a very basic analysis later.
Thanks for file! (Microsoft ey? )

(Tiny tiny correction: my WiFi was off during the manual updates [2.0.2. and 2.1.1], and I think my original firmware was something below 1.9.14 because I remember starting off with 1.9.14 after an update during registration...)
Old 09-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #104
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Naaahh you know I was joking Peaks, the toilets part was just so fun because you obviously meant something else with those smileys
I couldn't find the "CENSORED" smiley, and thought the toilets were a good way of putting across the sentiment!

And yes, I knew you were joking!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #105
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Incidentally, there's another Enigma: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...php?t=190836#2

This time a Europe sync gave 2.1.1... Plus, apparently the Kobo developer in that thread wasn't surprised at all that it had happened... weird.
That is a very odd thread, and it just makes our little quest even more tantalising!