Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #31
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Based on everything else about your specs, are you sure of the original firmware version?
Not 100% sure - but I'm not going to do yet another factory reset to find out now, sorry
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:56 AM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Not 100% sure - but I'm not going to do yet another factory reset to find out now, sorry
Really, I thought everyone loved to do them
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #33
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
N905Bxxxxxxx4,2.6.35.3,2.1.1,2.6.35.3,2.6.35.3,000 00000-0000-0000-0000-000000000310

On all my manual updates (see my last post) wifi was not turned on.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #34
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
More stuff to check:
And, while I think of it, does anyone who managed to get 2.0.2 or 2.1.1 installed, NOT have wifi enabled during the update process?
This is the only one I can answer at the moment. My wifi was definitely not on during either update.

Thanks again for all your work on this, murg.
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #35
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Go for it.
Thanks!
Advert
Old 09-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have just realised that while I have made several comments here, I haven't answered the original questions. So:

- PID: 4163 rev: 326
- Australia, December 2011
- Updates done in Australia using Australian IPs
- 1.9.14, 1.9.16, 1.9.17 and 2.0.0c all installed through the desktop with no problems. I did try to install 2.0.0 until it was re-released
- 2.0.2 has installed manually OK
- At some point I have done a reset, installed 1.9.17 and then did a WiFi update to 2.0.0c. I did this completely by accident as I didn't know it would happen.
- Manual install of 2.1.1 didn't work
- The factory reset version file is: KG3192403309B,2.6.35.3,1.9.11,2.6.35.3,2.6.35.3,00 000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000310

- WiFi is normally on, but not used much. Mainly used when I have been trying to work out what happens when you do a WiFi sync.

I think that's it. Did I forget anything?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #37
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
N905Bxxxxxxx4,2.6.35.3,2.1.1,2.6.35.3,2.6.35.3,000 00000-0000-0000-0000-000000000310

On all my manual updates (see my last post) wifi was not turned on.
The N905 in the serial number is the model number of the Touch.

When did you get yours?

It looks like they changed the format of the serial number at some point.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #38
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
davidfor: it's interesting that 2.0.2 worked, by 2.1.1 didn't.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #39
leslie_ms
leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leslie_ms has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi, Kobo Touch, Kobo for Android
Quote:
The questions:
  • Does anyone have a serial number that doesn't start with KG3? Does anyone have a serial number that starts with KG32?
  • What letters do people have as the last character of the serial number (mine is B).
  • I have 2.6.35.3 for the 2nd, 4th and 5th fields. Does anyone have different? or not the same number in all 3 fields?
  • In the last field, I have 310, does anyone have something different?
Here's mine.

KG3161202969A,2.6.35.3,2.0.0,2.6.35.3,2.6.35.3,000 00000-0000-0000-0000-000000000310

Mine has an A in the serial number, but the other fields look the same.

But, then again, it's early and I may have missed something. I'm not sufficiently caffeinated yet.
leslie_ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #40
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
KG31B1500609E,2.6.35.3,2.1.1,2.6.35.3,2.6.35.3,000 00000-0000-0000-0000-000000000310

So I have an E at the end, how fun. The rest looks the same. So the E is so far the only difference I have with Murg's device... Is B giving problems?

(Why are we doing the serial number obscuring?)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #41
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
The N905 in the serial number is the model number of the Touch.

When did you get yours?

It looks like they changed the format of the serial number at some point.
March 2012.
Directly after the price dropped to 99€ (here in Germany).
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #42
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
KG3192403309B,2.6.35.3,1.9.11,2.6.35.3,2.6.35.3,00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000310
David: It is interesting that your firmware number shows as 1.9.11, when everyone else so far has shown the current firmware number (murg: 2.0.0; WS64: 2.1.1; lesley_ms: 2.0.0; Mrs_Often: 2.1.1). From what you've written previously, you should be showing 2.0.2 if the pattern holds.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #43
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Has everyone seen Sameer's post on the Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0 thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...stcount=1196)?
Old 09-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #44
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Has everyone seen Sameer's post on the Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0 thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...stcount=1196)?
Yep, so I suppose our little quest is now pointless...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #45
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Yep, so I suppose our little quest is now pointless...
Unless murg and/or davidfor have spotted something else ...