Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
buscon
buscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it is

Device: Kindle touch
Kindle Touch Text Editor

Hi all,

I've looked up a bit in the forum but I didn't find a good answer.

Is there a Text editor for the Kindle Touch?
I've already installed the terminal emulator, i'm a vim user actually: still i'd like to have a handy text editor to take some notes.

Best

Last edited by buscon; 08-12-2012 at 05:50 AM.
buscon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
7 Dragon's Notepad ($0,99)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
if you need a free one,then the latest version of gui launcher collection for kindle touch has nano- a text editor.you need gui launcher installed first.here is the link for the wiki,go to the gui launcher section and download the version according to your firmware:http://https://wiki.mobileread.com/wi..._Touch_Hacking and here is the link for gui launcher collection which includes the text editor:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185562

Last edited by techiemonkey; 08-12-2012 at 07:04 AM.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #4
buscon
buscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it is

@techiemonkey: thanks for your tipp, i actually already have the latest launcher but cannot see any nano editor... i have to look more into it.
is there no other free text editor ?

Best

Last edited by buscon; 08-13-2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: typing mistake
buscon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

if you have launcher then let us get started.
1. DOWNLOAD GUI LAUNCHER COLLECTION NOT GUI LAUNCHER FROM THIS LINK:http://http://ge.tt/api/1/files/9LOoBjL/0/blob?download
2.restart kindle from menu then settings then menu then restart
3.after restart go to menu then launcher then install collections or something like that
4.after installation it will restart framework and now you will have nano under apps in launcher menu!
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #6
Tonttu
Tonttu began at the beginning.

Is there a way to make the nano font bigger or bolder?
And is there any way to make it respect the orientation? That way bigger input buttons would be cool, too.
Where can I find the saved text files when looking at my Kindle with USB connection? I can open them again in nano, but didn't find them anywhere using USB.

Last edited by Tonttu; 09-15-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Tonttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

hwy you can first turn it into landscape mode using launcher then start nano.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #8
Tonttu

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
hwy you can first turn it into landscape mode using launcher then start nano.
You mean you can get it to work? Because I can't.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

now xterm has updated release with landscape mode,download the latest one!!! then start nano,open menu by tapping right side and then tap rotate!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
Tonttu

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
now xterm has updated release with landscape mode,download the latest one!!! then start nano,open menu by tapping right side and then tap rotate!!!
Brilliant! And the font resizing works, too. Thanks. I'll go to the xterm thread to ask more.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

@tonttu you can give me some karma if you rhink I have been helpful. It is a little box below my username in any post.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

Now there is a dedicated notepad for kindle touch with the kindle's native onscreen keyboard so it is more comfortable to use. It is named leaf pad