Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
How to search iBookstore from web

Is it possible to do a full text search for books at Apple's iBookstore with an ordinary web browser? I only found a page for browsing books by topic.

I published an ebook to Smashwords and it is pending approval at iBookstore, so I'd like to check when it is available and how the entry looks like. But I use Linux and don't have access to the iTunes software on MacOS X or Windows, and don't own an iOS device either.
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I think it is not possible.

Therein lies one of my several 'beefs' with iBookstore. It's probably a great showcase for best sellers, but everything else lies undiscovered. Why can't I use a web browser (even Safari running on my MacBook Pro) to find and purchase content there, as with any other ebookstore? (Never mind, I know why...)
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
its not possible as far as i can tell, its one of the reasons my ibooks library stoped at 3 books... because they make it difficult to look at or access new books. your only option is through Ibooks.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I think it is not possible.
So much for book publicity. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
amoroso
Groupie

I've found a usable workaround. I do a Google search like this:
Quote:
itunes books ebooktitle author-last-name
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroso View Post
I published an ebook to Smashwords and it is pending approval at iBookstore, so I'd like to check when it is available and how the entry looks like. But I use Linux and don't have access to the iTunes software on MacOS X or Windows, and don't own an iOS device either.
To find your book, you can use a tool that I wrote, here:
http://rpbook.co.uk/tools

I can't help with searching, though.

Russell

Last edited by avantman42; 06-21-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Updated URL
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote