Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Read Status - sync across devices?

I recently setup the android app on my phone and when it downloaded all my books they where all marked as unread (didnt think to much of this at the time)

yesterday I wanted to do a reset of my Vox (seemed quickest way to remove all sideloaded books), when I logged back in, it downloaded all my books and they where all marked as unread

when I have read a book on one device, should it be marked as read on others, as this dosnt seem to be happening for me, if i am reading a book the syncing of location works fine, just when I finish on one device it seems to get marked as unread on others

opening books on 3 devices and marking as read sounds a pain as if I ever reset again they will be marked as unread again

devices used are Vox, Android and iOS (latest versions)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
I recently setup the android app on my phone and when it downloaded all my books they where all marked as unread (didnt think to much of this at the time)

yesterday I wanted to do a reset of my Vox (seemed quickest way to remove all sideloaded books), when I logged back in, it downloaded all my books and they where all marked as unread

when I have read a book on one device, should it be marked as read on others, as this dosnt seem to be happening for me, if i am reading a book the syncing of location works fine, just when I finish on one device it seems to get marked as unread on others

opening books on 3 devices and marking as read sounds a pain as if I ever reset again they will be marked as unread again

devices used are Vox, Android and iOS (latest versions)
Unfortunately read status does not sync across devices, just the bookmark location. So if you had a book that was in progress on both an iPhone and an iPad, and you then closed it on the iPhone, the iPad would pick up the location and no longer show it as in progress, but it would mark it as unread.

Reading stats *are* synced though, so the number of times you've finished a book will sync between devices.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Many thanks for clarifying how it works

my main reading is on the Vox, so have just gone through and opened/closed all my read books so they dont show as open

reading stats are working nicely now i only have kobo bought books in my library
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
Glad to help
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote