Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
User1024
User1024 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (Ordered)
Cybook Gen3 in December LOL

Due to overwhelming demand, all orders from now on will ship between December 5 and December 13, 2007.

http://www.bookeen.com/shop/ebook-shop.aspx

User1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Wahhh .. no more shipping until December!

Just decided after much pondering (too much!!!) to go buy a Cybook .. got my credit card (thank you mr bank manager), plonked myself at the Bookeen site and 'hey presto' this sad news greeted my arrival at the Bookeen shop "Due to overwhelming demand, all orders from now on will ship between December 5 and December 13, 2007."

Ho hum .. now I have to try and find that ever illusive trait .. PATIENCE!!

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Same thing happened with the PRS-500. It's still hard for most of these hardware companies to estimate the demand for e-paper devices...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Well , I ordered this morning but it did not say anything about a shipping date ...
Even more interested in reviews from the "pioneers" now... I might have a month long to contemplate canceling my order ;-)
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:41 PM   #5
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
well, good for bookeen then.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #6
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I just received the email today announcing it was available for order. I suspect that generated a few orders.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
File
File can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Wow... thats kind of like giving sales away to other sellers (prs 505 anyone?)
File is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #8
Egghead
Mentat
Egghead has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Bookeen Gen3 Cybook
If I remember correctly, the same thing happened with the prs-500
Egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:04 PM   #9
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I wonder if this mean NAEB won't be able to start selling them until after that.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:50 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egghead View Post
If I remember correctly, the same thing happened with the prs-500
I remember that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I wonder if this mean NAEB won't be able to start selling them until after that.
Depends on whether they get priority for ordering a block of them I guess.

There doesn't appear to be any news yet at the NAEB site, nor at the Baen Bar.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 PM   #11
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
Quote:
Originally Posted by File View Post
Wow... thats kind of like giving sales away to other sellers (prs 505 anyone?)
Not quite. For most/many non-US clients Sony is not available.
Besides if people would wait months for this device while Sony was available then what difference will another month make?
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:27 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Phew - thank goodness I got my order in first thing Sunday morning .

Let's hope that those people who have ordered early are genuine users, rather than "profiteers".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:44 AM   #13
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Actually, when I saw all people ordering it on Sunday I did it to to avoid the risk of some delays but I thought the delay would be weeks and not over one month.

"profiteers"? You mean you can sell it for double the price? I am definitely going to use it and look forward to discover what new things you can use the device for.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #14
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I'm quite sure that Bookeen only had maybe fifty units but since they had to launch
the gen3 before the end of this month...
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:37 PM   #15
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Phew - thank goodness I got my order in first thing Sunday morning .

Let's hope that those people who have ordered early are genuine users, rather than "profiteers".
You can buy mine for 600Euro.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote