Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
obsessed2
Edge User

Voice Recording Time

I know it depends on the size of the SD card but, does anyone know the approximate recording times are for the PE and EE? Thanks.

Last edited by obsessed2; 05-10-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
paula-t
Edge User

I have recorded 100 minutes of audio in one single file without any problem and in a continued session. I then moved the .aac file to my PC. The recording audio file appeared in the Library (Audio files). I haven't had a chance of recording more. The 100 minutes audio file weighed 43 Mb. Hope this is useful.

Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
I have recorded 100 minutes of audio in one single file without any problem and in a continued session. I then moved the .aac file to my PC. The recording audio file appeared in the Library (Audio files). I haven't had a chance of recording more. The 100 minutes audio file weighed 43 Mb. Hope this is useful.
This is very helpful. Wow, over a hour and one-half and only 43MB used seems pretty good. Thank you very much for the information.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
emusan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula-t View Post
I have to ask, how was the quality when you went back to listen to it? Could you make out what people were saying?

Old 05-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
paula-t
Edge User

The quality was very good. I could recognize all people talking and there was no interference.

The audio player in the Edge, by the way, is quite good compared to other tablets.
My husband's FlyTouch 2 10" embedded speakers suck (sorry) compared to the Edge's. The Edge sounds much louder and sharper.

I replayed my audio recording both in the Edge and in my desktop, and it sounded well in both.

Warning: I was taking down notes frantically on the Journal with my stylus while I was recording, and because I was not careful, when you play the audio recording you hear the ocassional tap-tap-tap-tap of my desperate shorthand writing.

It's not too much, but you can hear it anyway.

So if you write while you record, be careful not to commit my mistake and do it better....

Even for not-very-delicate users like me, the Edge is such an excellent device!

Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
ivan
Edge User

Thanks Paula-t, that now makes another piece of equipment I don't have to take out on a job - the mini tape recorder - and I might be able to save some work by using the voice recognition software I have on our computers to produce text from my mumblings.