Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Fi3ryPh03n1x
Fi3ryPh03n1x began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How do I configure Calibre to start with a Saved Search?

I would like to configure my wife's copy of Calibre to display a saved search result when it starts so that only her books are displayed. She isn't computer savvy so the easier I can make her library management, the better for both of us.

We share a library, and I'm not concerned how it displays on my computer. Is it possible, though, to set Calibre on her computer so that it automatically defaults to a saved search result upon opening?
Fi3ryPh03n1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See preferences -> behavior -> restriction to apply on startup.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Type the search in the search bar as per normal
Give it a name in the "Saved Searches" dropdown on the right-hand side
Click the green + to save that as a named search
Go to Preferences -> Behaviour
Where it says "Restriction to apply when the current library is opened" set this to be your saved search.

EDIT: Chaley gazumped me.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
EDIT: Chaley gazumped me.
Only someone who has bought a house in England can understand the term "gazumped". What an insane system.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Insane and totally unfair dude, so much for "a deal is a deal". Certainly we don't have such a scheme in NZ or Aus thankfully.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #6
Fi3ryPh03n1x
Fi3ryPh03n1x began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks all... I knew there had to be a simple answer. Just couldn't find it :-]
Fi3ryPh03n1x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
default, launch, saved search, startup