Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
KenIsaacson
I am what I am
KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle
Signatures

OK, I'm stumped. And I'm sure it's there staring me in the face.

How do I create a signature for my posts?

Many thanks!

Ken
KenIsaacson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenIsaacson View Post
OK, I'm stumped. And I'm sure it's there staring me in the face.

How do I create a signature for my posts?

Many thanks!

Ken
I had the same question when I joined. There is a "grace" period before new members are granted access to the signature option. See explanation below (emphasis provided by me):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Hi, Nyssa

Your User CP will automatically open the signature option when you are a member for at least 8 full days and have at least 10 posts. It will automatically show up in your User CP.

You joined on Dec 29th, so it looks like you will be able to make a signature by Jan 7th.

dreams
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
You have to wait a week and make more than 10 posts.... Do read the guidelines about signatures - not too big or brassy, please.

And welcome to MobileRead; we do hope you'll find it and enjoyable place to visit and find friends.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
KenIsaacson
I am what I am
KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'KenIsaacson understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle
Thanks. This explanation is less embarrassing than the one that says: "For cripe's sake, the button's right there in front of you!"
KenIsaacson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:09 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenIsaacson View Post
Thanks. This explanation is less embarrassing than the one that says: "For cripe's sake, the button's right there in front of you!"
We are more polite than that ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
We are more polite than that ...
Um ... we are? *looks worriedly in mirror*
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #7
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Well of course we are. Unless (I am guessing) we are in the "Politics & Religion" threads... but I never go there.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:23 AM   #8
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'll ask here rather than starting a new thread - I've been here for 2 weeks and have 40 posts, i've logged out, cleared cookies, and logged back on. I still don't have the signature option, is there something else I'm missing?

Also, I'm not able to edit my posts (except for 10-15 seconds right after posting) is that normal?

Thanks!
chrisanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisanthropic View Post
I'll ask here rather than starting a new thread - I've been here for 2 weeks and have 40 posts, i've logged out, cleared cookies, and logged back on. I still don't have the signature option, is there something else I'm missing?

Also, I'm not able to edit my posts (except for 10-15 seconds right after posting) is that normal?

Thanks!
You should have the signature option in your user CP now, check again, please. As to not being able to edit posts, could you try to edit your post in this thread and see if you are able to do so now?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:20 AM   #11
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried logging out and clearing cookies again and still don't have the signature option or the ability to edit posts.

I think I must have angered the internet Gremlins along the way.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:40 AM   #12
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisanthropic View Post
I tried logging out and clearing cookies again and still don't have the signature option or the ability to edit posts.

I think I must have angered the internet Gremlins along the way.
You have nothing in the User Cp - panel on the left hand side ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MobileRead Forums - User Control Panel 2011-04-26 07-37-17.png
Views:	200
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	70513  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 AM   #13
chrisanthropic
Fiend

Correct. I've attached a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-26-110915_1366x768_scrot.png
Views:	205
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	70515  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:42 AM   #14
GeoffC

mmm - interesting, I can't see any other setting in my CP that could help ...

Looks like we need an expert - though I bet it's something simple and obvious

Doubt it is, but what browser are you using ?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:51 AM   #15
chrisanthropic
Fiend

I use chrome as my main browser but tried it out with Firefox as well.

I'm running linux if that matters but I don't really see how it could cause any problems. I'm going to boot into a windows virtual machine and see if I still have the same issues.