Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Question Anyone tell me what happened please ?

I purchased a book from W H Smith (not my favourite place, their purchasing/despatch etc.. is so clunky, but the tome I wanted was a lot cheaper there so risked it.)

( Which may have no bearing on this at all, I realise. However.......)

My 650 plugged in, books paid for, email recieved , click download. After I eventually get to bit of the site I need, Hit d/load - "into my reader".
And, to my surprise, it does.
I go to my Library, there the book is.

So, I drag and transfer title into Reader as usual, it accepts it, transfer is complete.
I then hit the little arrow by the Reader heading, and luckily look at my reader before I unplug - to see it still says "Do not disconnect" instead of "connected".
I fiddle about a bit, have no success at all in making the warning change .
In the end, I had to close down the PC before it changed status
I unplugged, checked contents, and all OK, book there, Library OK.
Then booted up the PC again.

Now, why wouldn't it go into safe mode to unplug ?
Never done it before, why this time ?
I shall see what happens the next time I put a book on, if it repeats this or not, but I'd appreciate any offers of theories, ideas, etc........
(in hope)
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
My Sony says "Do not disconnect" as long as Reader Library is open. When I close RL it switches to USB connected.
Asawi is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
My Sony says "Do not disconnect" as long as Reader Library is open. When I close RL it switches to USB connected.
Same for me. I can close the software and the status will change.

**I can also use the 'eject' button / arrow, either within the software or from my Finder window, but I am using a Mac. I don't know how similar a Windows experience would be.**
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote