Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 AM   #76
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
At least they're safe, Wendy. That's a relief. Love, luck and best wishes to them all. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:00 AM   #77
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BY THE WAY, FOLKS: Thanks to MR friend Weedfreak, I find that some ePubs I've sent out from my own stock might not present properly on some readers. Most grateful for the advice that led me to discover this.

Tech partner, Tony, is in process of sending me a complete set of new files, which I should have set up in my system in twenty-four hours or so.

So if you find that any ebook I've sent you does not present ONE HUNDRED PERCENT PERFECTLY when you open it, please drop a quick line to my personal email address and I'll immediately replace it.

Sorry for any inconvenience (I've never pretended to be anything other than a technodunce), but I'm told the problem should be very rare. At least it's now an easy fix.

Best wishes. Neil -- ntmarrATbewrite.net (use the @ sign, of course)
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #78
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Just come back from holiday with all books read. So this is fabulous timing for me. Thanks Neil and all at bewrite books. Will email you now.
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #79
Annelise
Annelise began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Cybook Gen3, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Thank you Neil and BeWrite Books!
Annelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #80
kitchenette
kitchenette is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Thank you neilmarr for the books and the additional information about the authors.
kitchenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #81
neilmarr
neilmarr

About that wee potential problem I mentioned before. I apologise that I'm no technotop, but it seems -- in my haste to send ebooks to MR friends here before the 'official' opening of RAEBW on Sunday (March 6) -- some files I've sent out (not all, by any means) will not display properly on all platforms (not all, by any means).

I've been sending from my own stock here in France, you see, some of which now turn out to have been the files prepared for test and not those validated and eventually uploaded to our own store and other third-party retailers.

Here's a round robin I'm sending out on new requests:

Hello there. It appears that some ebook editions (especially ePubs) I’ve sent out from my own stock here in France have a flaw that shows up on one or two machines. They may well be just fine for you. But to be on the safe side and to ensure than all files are ONE HUNDRED PERCENT PERFECT, I’m currently uploading the entire catalogue again from files sent overnight by my technical partner, Tony Szmuk, in Canada. I hope to be through with that long and tedious job later today and assure you that these ebooks (plus bonuses to compensate for the delay) will be with you within the next twenty-four hours. Many, many apologies. Neil

So, if anyone finds when they open any books I've sent them -- whenever that may be, there is no time limit -- please send an email to my personal address (below) and I'll immediately replace it or them.

As they say, 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions.' It appears I might have -- very occasionally on this occasion -- jumped the gun in my enthusiasm to get stuff over to you here at Mobile Read before the rush kicks in (I remember the pressure of RAEBW in past years).

I have a hefty job ahead of me now and I doubt I'll see my bed until the wee-wee hours again, but delays will be minimal. All requests, I assure you, met within twenty-four hours, and any slip ups will be compensated for, not only with immediate free relacement, but additional free book or books.

A thousand apologies to anyone who hits a snag. And apologies also to tech partner Tony, who is rightfully proud of the quality of his work and the beauty of the files he creates so painstakingly. He's too close a pal to blame me outright for this slip-up, but I bet a curse or two has been mumbled under his breath.

PS: SPECIAL thanks to Weedfreak, who was the first to bring this to our attention in a detailed message. His heads-up is very much appreciated.

Neil Marr. Ed. BeWrite Books
ntmarATbewrite.net (use the @ sign, of course)
www.bewrite.net
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #82
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Neil,

Be sure to get some sleep before the RAEBW starts. I've looked the ones you sent me and really don't see any problems.

Thanks again,
Karen
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #83
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Thank you so much, Neil. I was pleasantly surprised by the extras you included!
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #84
Domokos
Rita Y. Toews
Domokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it is

Device: Sony and Hiebook
And if you need a new e-reader to read all those BeWrite ebooks -- Read an E-Book Week is giving away 4 new e-readers.

Yup - four.

Three Kokos that read ePub and a Nook!!
www.ebookweek.com

Rita
Domokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #85
neilmarr
neilmarr

You're a kind bunch o' pals. Can't thank you enough.

Anyway, after a day's messing, a hundred emails, lots of online fiddling and a two-hour phone call with Tony, all's now straight. I now have the PERFECT files.

So I've managed to catch up with all outstanding requests as promised.

New requests will be immediately responded to.

Anyone I sent ebooks to before (especially ePubs) who finds them not quite right, drop me a line any time (no time limit on this) and I'll replace them immediately with PERFECT files.

I feel such a bloody dunce.

Mind you, at least I found out in the nick of time, thanks to a few pals here and Tony's patience with my technoduncehood.

So the official countdown to RAEBW gives me almost another twenty-four hours (yep, it is indeed the wee-wees here again). But anyone at MR can send me their choices just whenever.

Cheers. Neil

PS: And thanks to Andrew, Karen and Rita above. Your return posts are much appreciated, I assure you. Now, another hour or so, and I might hit the hay until the cock crows, Bestests. N
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RAEBW_logo.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	67812  

Last edited by neilmarr; 03-04-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: to add logo
Old 03-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #86
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
This is a very generous offer, Neil. Very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

I don't know which ones to choose. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #87
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I went for comedy, and am very much looking forward to Forgive Us Our Press Passes.
GA Russell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:24 AM   #88
ccaajjaa
ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccaajjaa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've just sent my email & have chosen a couple of historical novels & just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for this generous offer.
ccaajjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #89
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I went for Time Travail and The Blue Man Dreams the End of Time. Haven't read the Blue Man yet, but I really enjoyed Time Travail
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #90
neilmarr
neilmarr

Thanks folks.

And please do remember anyone I mailed ebooks to earlier in the week ... if there's the slightest flaw on opening, drop me a line and I'll replace the ebooks immediately with PERFECT editions.

My mistake. Maybe it's extreme age. Maybe it's because I'm working at least 17x7. Maybe it's just because I have honed muddlediment into a fine art. Whatever, sorry if there's any sub standard stuff out there. My fault entirely, and my job to put it right.

Now to get some editing done -- perhaps grab a sandwich and pour myself a generous dose of The Famous Grouse (a great aid to befuddlement) -- and prepare for an even more frantic week ahead.

Happy reading, chums. And thanks for joining in and for your generous and warm feedback. It's all neatly filed in a special 'cheer up for heck's sake, Neil' file in the most unlikely event that I ever feel miserable. I don't do miserable as a rule ... but you never know.

Hoots toots, Slainte ba, Iechy da, ciao, salut, cheers, etc. Neil