Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #751
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
What about requests?

Is there a place to request an e-book be uploaded? Or, request it being reformatted (if that is the correct term)?

Specifically: I downloaded the free, Amazon version of Madame Bovary. The formatting is atrocious! Everything is single spaced, there are footnote type notations in the middle of paragraphs, its a hot mess. I would love and appreciate it if someone would be willing to rework it, so that it looked better.

Please & Thank You.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #752
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Nyssa,

here's a special thread for requesting ebooks:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10290

And Madame Bovary has already been uploaded here, edited by Patricia:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14571

Does this help you?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #753
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Nyssa,

here's a special thread for requesting ebooks:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10290

And Madame Bovary has already been uploaded here, edited by Patricia:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14571

Does this help you?
Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! I completely missed that thread (obviously).

Yes, both links help, greatly.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:31 AM   #754
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'm working on an Omnibus of Homer's Works. That is "The Iliad" and "The Odyssey" in a single volume.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #755
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
William Cecil Slingsby, The Northern Playground

I'm working on "Norway: The Northern Playground" by William Cecil Slingsby. It is an account of the authors many mountaineering trips in Norway at the end of the 19. century.
I'm using the scan from the Internet Archive. The scan is of varying quality, if anybody knows of a better source for the many illustrations I'd be glad to be notified.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 03:36 AM   #756
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did some work on two other books besides the Homer Omnibus. A Jules Verne Omnibus & a version of The Epic of Gilgamesh, both of which I have now uploaded to mobileread.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #757
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I have spent the afternoon doing some tidying up of an Omnibus of some of H.G. Well's Science Fiction books.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #758
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I have spent the afternoon doing some tidying up of an Omnibus of some of H.G. Well's Science Fiction books.
Yay!!!!! Is it available as yet? Will it be available in MOBI?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #759
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Yes. I built it in Sigil for epub and have converted it to Mobi format as well. I have been wanting such an omnibus myself in Mobi as I have a Kindle which of course can't read epubs. I just uploaded it in both forms to the forum. I'm not completly happy with the contents links for the last book but overall I think it turned out pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yay!!!!! Is it available as yet? Will it be available in MOBI?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #760
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Yes. I built it in Sigil for epub and have converted it to Mobi format as well. I have been wanting such an omnibus myself in Mobi as I have a Kindle which of course can't read epubs. I just uploaded it in both forms to the forum. I'm not completly happy with the contents links for the last book but overall I think it turned out pretty well.
Thank You!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #761
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

You're quite welcome Nyssa. Happy reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Thank You!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:00 AM   #762
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Cleaning up an epub of an Omnibus of Lewis Carroll.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:49 AM   #763
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

thank you - yet another for my TBR file ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #764
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I decided to create a omnibus of some of Oscar Wilde's writings. Just the fiction as yet. No poems, plays or other writings.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #765
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

You're welcome GeoffC. I think the Omnibus editions of authors works are handy myself. Rather than have to thumb through various files on the Kindle (or other reader) to find a particular book by a particular author they're all right there to hand in one file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
thank you - yet another for my TBR file ....