Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs 950, Sony prs 505 and REB 1200
REB 1200 Print Option

Has anyone here used the print option under menu on a REB 1200? It looks pretty nice, with an option to print marked up pages, but I haven't found any information about how to do it. I'm guessing I'd connect it to an ethernet hub with the ethernet connector--and then maybe it would let me select my printer?

Any suggestions on this or personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sherry
sherryk_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
There is information about how to use this Print Option in a very unusual place: in an ebook on the REB1200!

While the eBook Technologoies, Inc. website Guides don't have anything about this there Section 4: Managing eBook Editions, the ebook counterpart available to all REB1200 owners, as a free download after registering your REB1200, has the info you seek.

In particular, on your REB1200, under the General Interest category, open eBook User's Guide Version 4.1 authored by eBook Technologoies, Inc. and turn to page 4. There you will note two new items added to Section 4: Managing eBook Editions, Transferring Personal Content to Your eBook and Printing Unencrypted Content.

The latter has instructions to setup a Postscript capable printer with Windows using Internet Information Server (IIS) to make this work. Below I post images of the relevant sections as a quick reference.

By the way, I could never get this to work, so if you get it working, please post here what works for you. AND THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE EBW1150.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eBook User's Guide Version 4.1-page4.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	22532   Click image for larger version

Name:	eBook User's Guide Version 4.1-page84.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	22533   Click image for larger version

Name:	eBook User's Guide Version 4.1-page85.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	22534   Click image for larger version

Name:	eBook User's Guide Version 4.1-page86.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	22535   Click image for larger version

Name:	eBook User's Guide Version 4.1-page87.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	22536   Click image for larger version

Name:	eBook User's Guide Version 4.1-page88.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	22537   Click image for larger version

Name:	eBook User's Guide Version 4.1-page89.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	22538  

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-02-2009 at 10:03 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dear Nick,

Thanks. I never even NOTICED that book. Tehe.

I'm gonna try it.

Sherry
Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
sherryk_us
writer/reader

I got this from Garth at ET 1

The 1200 knows how to connect only to a networked printer that support PostScript printing via the IPP protocol -- those tend to be pretty high-end printers (e.g. the HP LaserJet 5100tn).

If you have such a printer, you would need to connect the eBook to an Ethernet hub that has network access to the target printer.

Best,
Garth

I'm not sure if my printer is "high end." I'm going to check it and see.

Sherry
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryk_us View Post
I got this from Garth at ET 1

The 1200 knows how to connect only to a networked printer that support PostScript printing via the IPP protocol -- those tend to be pretty high-end printers (e.g. the HP LaserJet 5100tn).

If you have such a printer, you would need to connect the eBook to an Ethernet hub that has network access to the target printer.

Best,
Garth

I'm not sure if my printer is "high end." I'm going to check it and see.

Sherry
Thanks for the info. I've got an HP 2100 that's networked and has a Postcript driver, though, I don't know if it has built-in Postscript hardware support. BTW, I got stuck on page 87 of the ebook; couldn't get the Default Web Site to show-up with any info.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote