Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #36811
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
OMG, I just discovered that Rien Poortvliet's Leven en Werken van de Kabouter (translated as Gnomes) is finally reprinted. My parents gave me a copy of it when I was young but I can't seem to find it. I have been looking for a good second hand copy but now it's out in hardcover even! Not cheap, but I think I'm going to get it as an early Christmas gift for myself!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #36812
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Trying to decide if I should just shutdown my workstation on my job and just read on my Kobo Mini.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #36813
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
That's only a good choice if you're sure the boss has gone...

or if you are the boss...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #36814
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
That's only a good choice if you're sure the boss has gone...

or if you are the boss...
True... and I had one of the conditions going for me!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #36815
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Reading through a fencing equipment catalog, getting ready to order a complete new kit. It's interesting to see how the gear has changed over the past 30 years since I place my last order.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #36816
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Watching Dead Set, a short series in which the Big Brother house is invaded by zombies. Best thing about it so far is seeing a load of Z-list (appropriate, I guess ) celebrities getting eaten.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #36817
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Unpacked my new Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" - too tired to play with it - so letting it charge up & update itself. It's incredibly light compared with the HD 8.9". Buttons on the back now ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #36818
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'm curling up with my blanket and finishing off a second cup of homemade soup.

pooh, let us know what you think about your new toy. I am really considering the 8.9 HDX.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #36819
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Recently I've been enjoying Donna Leon's Commissario Guide Brunetti series. I just discovered that it has been made into a tv series, in Germany. I'm trying to find a region 2 dvd with English or Dutch subtitles but unfortunately can't find it.

The actors playing Guido do not look like how I pictured Guido. In my mind he looks like actor Rufus Sewell, who plays Aurelio Zen in BBC's adaptation of Michael Dibdin's series.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #36820
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3
Johns1NOnly doesn't litterJohns1NOnly doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Ipad, Kindle DX
Knitting on a module blanket while waiting for my new sofa to be deliver
Johns1NOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #36821
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Had a somewhat transcendental experience tonight .... I embarked on my after dinner walk - it's quite dark by 6:30 - lots of my neighbors have put lighted seasonal decorations on their lawns - so my walk is a lot of fun - even if my nose is freezing off my face ...
So I pass the house with 5 of those inflatable moving decorations - and at the next house I swear I'm seeing reindeer! Real reindeer! I can hear them too! Snorting & bleating & chewing!
And I only had ONE Guinness with dinner!

So I cautiously advance to find ... one of my neighbors has fenced in his front yard - which now contains a herd of goats! I counted 10 in the dark - there may be more. Adult floppy eared goats .... In a residential neighborhood ....

I'm driving by slowly tomorrow on my way to work to see if they are really there ... or if I have finally sprung a mental leak!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #36822
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Had a somewhat transcendental experience tonight .... I embarked on my after dinner walk - it's quite dark by 6:30 - lots of my neighbors have put lighted seasonal decorations on their lawns - so my walk is a lot of fun - even if my nose is freezing off my face ...
So I pass the house with 5 of those inflatable moving decorations - and at the next house I swear I'm seeing reindeer! Real reindeer! I can hear them too! Snorting & bleating & chewing!

So I cautiously advance to find ... one of my neighbors has fenced in his front yard - which now contains a herd of goats! I counted 10 in the dark - there may be more. Adult floppy eared goats .... In a residential neighborhood ....

I'm driving by slowly tomorrow on my way to work to see if they are really there ... or if I have finally sprung a mental leak!
Maybe they're Jewish.

Spoiler:
Having been raised in the Southern Baptist tradition, My knowledge of what to expect at a Jewish worship service was practically nil, so when I decided to attend a Shabbat service at a local Reform temple, I asked the Rabbi if I had to "wear one of those hats that Jews wear at services." With more than a bit of twinkle in his eye, he replied, "No, but bring a goat."
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #36823
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

ROFL!!! I freaking HATE those blow up decorations! It's almost like a "who can be the most tacky" competition
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #36824
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Looking for a new external harddrive, my 500gb is starting to fill up. Am I still right in the assumption that Western Digital is a good brand? Any other brands I should check out?
Old 12-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #36825
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Looking for a new external harddrive, my 500gb is starting to fill up. Am I still right in the assumption that Western Digital is a good brand? Any other brands I should check out?
Can't say about other brands, but if you are looking for a networkable drive, the Western Digital My Book Live is good, and you can create your own cloud storage with it on android or ios.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?