Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #16
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
John,
can I read this without reading any of your other previous books? or do I need some history/backstory?
If backstory is needed, what book do you suggest I start with?
Thanks...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #17
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
John,
can I read this without reading any of your other previous books? or do I need some history/backstory?
If backstory is needed, what book do you suggest I start with?
Thanks...
Hi Ravensknight,

You can read this without the backstory. I wrote it to be standalone if need be. However, the main character, Pelya, is also one of the main characters in the Dralin Trilogy. This book will read much better if you read that trilogy first.

"Dralin", the first book of the Dralin Trilogy is free, so you can check that out and see if you even like my writing style first.

Here is the link to the post in Mobileread describing Dralin. It has links to all the stores where you can find it too. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=dralin

Last edited by John Carroll; 07-26-2013 at 06:43 AM.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #18
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Thanks! really appreciate the link...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #19
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're very welcome.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #20
bucsie
Connoisseur
bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bucsie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the link, I was interested in this too, but lazy enough not to ask
bucsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
I just gotta ask. Do you say "whiff-fern" or "why-vern"?
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
John Carroll
kookoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsie View Post
Thanks for the link, I was interested in this too, but lazy enough not to ask
You are very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
I just gotta ask. Do you say "whiff-fern" or "why-vern"?
I've heard it pronounced both ways. Mirriam-Webster dictionary has it as wī-vərn, which is the same as why-vern.

I've always pronounced it wi-vern, with the i sounding like it does in 'with'. I'm wrong to do so though. I'm also stubborn enough to keep doing it.

Last edited by John Carroll; 07-29-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:27 AM   #23
John Carroll
kookoo

Wyvern is free only on Smashwords through the end of July as part of Smashwords' site-wide promotion. Coupon code SW100

Link to Smashwords is in the first post of this thread.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:47 PM   #24
John Carroll
kookoo

The ebook version of Wyvern is now free at all stores with the exception of Amazon.

Tags
magic, pelya, ryallon, strong female lead, wyvern