Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
pbchess - chess on Kobo Reader

Dear chess fans!

pbchess is advanced chess playing and training program for ebook readers for Amazon Kindle, Onyx Boox, PocketBook and Android. Now it's ready for Kobo!

Download page
Manual
Demo video: solving chess problems from the very beginning level

We have a lot of free chess training materials for different levels:

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/contents.html

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 08-27-2013 at 03:08 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 AM   #2
ilpestifero
ilpestifero began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I'm interested in testing it.
I've a Kobo Touch updated to 2.1.5 and also a friend with Kobo Glo also updated to 2.1.5.
Let me know how to try and test your application.
ilpestifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilpestifero View Post
I'm interested in testing it.
I've a Kobo Touch updated to 2.1.5 and also a friend with Kobo Glo also updated to 2.1.5.
Let me know how to try and test your application.
Thanks, ilpestifero!

I'll try to set up SDK and compile test Qt applications first.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 AM   #4
kalimero
kalimero began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello,

I own a Kobo Glo, and I am interested to help you with pbchess. There is already a chess programm on the glo, but it is rather limited. I think that pbchess will be a great alternative.

Friendly
kalimero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #5
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimero View Post
Hello,

I own a Kobo Glo, and I am interested to help you with pbchess. There is already a chess programm on the glo, but it is rather limited. I think that pbchess will be a great alternative.

Friendly
Thanks! Besides I have 3 games: Sokoban, Reversi (Otherllo) and Checkers. They can be compiled for Kobo Touch too.

kalimero, ilpestifero

Important question:

Are you familiar (at least a bit) with linux shell? Can you connect to your Kobo through telnet or SSH? It would be great!

Today I can compile sokoban and we can try to run it.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

I've compiled and uploaded checkers:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196869
Old 11-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
kalimero
kalimero began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi,

I have no problem with linux shell, as I am a programmer under Linux.
As for accessing Kobo with telnet, I found this :
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Touch_Hacking
It seems well documented.
I can't test this now, I have to come back to home first )

Last edited by kalimero; 11-16-2012 at 08:09 AM.
kalimero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimero View Post
Hi,

I have no problem with linux shell, as I am a programmer under Linux.
As for accessing Kobo with telnet, I found this :
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Touch_Hacking
It seems well documented.
I can't test this now, I have to come back to home first )
Thanks, kalimero

Please try to run checkers (my previous post).
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

pbchess for Kobo is ready.

You can download full package (chess, checkers, sokoban, reversi) here
Old 01-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
superfly1031
superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!superfly1031 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Mini
Inst chess already on the Kobo under extras?
superfly1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #11
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly1031 View Post
Inst chess already on the Kobo under extras?
Yes, I have chess program on Kobo extras... And what?

pbchess is not "another program to play chess". It's a powerful chess training program. You can improve your tactics, openings, endgame (we have a lot of training bases for different levels - see first post). You can browse annotated games of grandmasters, you can do many other things! It's for real chess fans
Old 03-03-2015, 05:54 AM   #12
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Sorry for necro post but i think that's the correct thread for that.

I post here the translation because i don't like to angry you with more PM

That's the final translation for pbchess because i finally understand how work all your options for program. Thanks for your explanations. Like I said you before (in PM) some translations aren't literaly for better interpretation.

pbchess-spanish

PS: If you want translations for all the other games/app of launcher let me know
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #13
cxu123
cxu123 began at the beginning.

Device: none
pbchess seems not work in new Kobo Glo HD. I can see the Launcher, but when start the program, it will not response to any screen touch and stay at language selection page.
cxu123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #14
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Just purchased it for Kobo Touch. I am extremely happy with the program.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote