Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Temporary Fix Personal Documents White Covers
  1. Remove any White covers from Carousel.
  2. Turn WiFi on
  3. Tap Gear\Applications\Filtered by: All Applications
  4. Tap Amazon Kindle\Tap Clear Data/Tap Home
  5. You will see Syncing in white text. Do not touch the device till synching is through. This can take a few minutes.
  6. Once done go to the Doc tab and check to make sure covers are now showing correctly.
  7. Go to home\Gear\Tap Sync button twice.
  8. Now try out the books that had white covers on the carousel they should now be fixed.

Note: If you now have grey covers on your Amazon books it means Syncing was not finished or successful. Wait for less peak hours and try the steps again. Sometimes grey covers will fix themselves. If not all white covers are gone from doc tab and Carousel repeat steps again.

Doc Archive Items will have white covers still if not downloaded on the device.

This is only a temp fix and has to be done each time a document is added. I do mine daily before bed when all document sending is done for the day.

Last edited by Blossom; 04-09-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #62
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
  2. Turn WiFi on
  5. You will see Syncing in white text. Do not touch the device till synching is through. This can take a few minutes.
  6. Once done go to the Doc tab and check to make sure covers are now showing correctly.
  8. Now try out the books that had white covers on the carousel they should now be fixed.

Note: If you now have grey covers on your Amazon books it means Syncing was not finished or successful. Wait for less peak hours and try the steps again. Sometimes grey covers will fix themselves. If not all white covers are gone from doc tab and Carousel repeat steps again.

This is only a temp fix and has to be done each time a document is added. I do mine daily before bed when all document sending is done for the day.
I was able to get the cover art back by just deregistering the Fire. As soon as it was deregistered all the cover art showed up.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #63
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
I was able to get the cover art back by just deregistering the Fire. As soon as it was deregistered all the cover art showed up.
Will that cause the carousel to refill with all Archive books?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #64
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Will that cause the carousel to refill with all Archive books?
All your archive books have to be downloaded first. So they stay on the carousel, but the cover art should display after deregistering.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #65
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
But is this nonsense required each time one adds a pdoc or is it a real, one-time fix?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
All your archive books have to be downloaded first. So they stay on the carousel, but the cover art should display after deregistering.
No I meant if I disregister will it reset the Carousel to default having my entire Amazon 2000+ books show back up. When I did a factory reset the other day that took forever to remove them all from the carousel. I never want to do it again if I don't have to.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #67
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
  2. Turn WiFi on

Blossom, perhaps you should email Kindle CS and attach this.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #68
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Blossom, perhaps you should email Kindle CS and attach this.

I will add it to the very long email I'm putting together.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #69
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:

I will add it to the very long email I'm putting together.
While you're at it, ask them to fix last page read from Kindle Touch => Fire -- it doesn't work with pdocs either.

It's on my list of gripes to Amazon.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
While you're at it, ask them to fix last page read from Kindle Touch => Fire -- it doesn't work with pdocs either.

It's on my list of gripes to Amazon.

I know. Kindle to Fire is on there as is the bookmark bug which is the worse one of them all to me.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #71
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
This was happening to me. What I found worked was to email them specifically to my Fire address. They showed up in archive on all my Kindles and the covers showed up across all. If I emailed to my generic account, myname@kindle.com or any other device the covers would not show up on the Fire. I used Calibre to email the books.

Of course this could change at any minute.

Carol
Quote:
That's what I did however if you remove the doc from Fire and later download it from archive it may or may not show a cover. I had all my covers yesterday and in a second they went poof and it took downloading them all and clearing the kindle data at 3AM to fix them. However this makes the archive useless.
Well, it did change. Covers would not show up in docs on a new book I sent. Tried your fix and it worked. Was afraid it would wipe out my last page read from other books, but it kept them.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #72
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Well, it did change. Covers would not show up in docs on a new book I sent. Tried your fix and it worked. Was afraid it would wipe out my last page read from other books, but it kept them.

Carol
There is a newer fix in the firmware 6.3 thread that works without clearing the data. You first side load the book then send it as a pdoc and both covers will work. Apk found out you can get sideloaded books to show up by force closing the Kindle app so there is no need to restart the Fire each time now.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #73
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There is a newer fix in the firmware 6.3 thread that works without clearing the data. You first side load the book then send it as a pdoc and both covers will work. Apk found out you can get sideloaded books to show up by force closing the Kindle app so there is no need to restart the Fire each time now.
Is the only purpose of emailing the book after side loading to get it to sync to the last page read?

Carol
Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Is the only purpose of emailing the book after side loading to get it to sync to the last page read?

Carol
The pdoc books sync to other Kindles not only last read but bookmarks, highlights and notes. Once you get the cover to show you removed the sideloaded book. Yes it's a silly step but it works.

So you sideload the books you want to be pdocs. Next force close the kindle app to add them to the shelves. You then need to email the books to the Fire so they will show up on the cloud. Once they show up and and covers are working you removed the sideloaded books and keep the pdocs ones. Crazy isn't it? Thought it will keep you From having to clear the Kindle data every night.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #75
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
The pdoc books sync to other Kindles not only last read but bookmarks, highlights and notes. Once you get the cover to show you removed the sideloaded book. Yes it's a silly step but it works.

So you sideload the books you want to be pdocs. Next force close the kindle app to add them to the shelves. You then need to email the books to the Fire so they will show up on the cloud. Once they show up and and covers are working you removed the sideloaded books and keep the pdocs ones. Crazy isn't it? Thought it will keep you From having to clear the Kindle data every night.
Sure hope Amazon fixes this. It is a pain.

Carol