Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
ukjoshi1
ukjoshi1 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 505
Hello everybody. I am U K JOSHI, age 67 years, Civil Engineer by profession.

I am fond of reading and have SONY PRS 505.

Since some time I did not have time to read it and the PRS got discharged.

It took a long time to charge. However the screen does not open and it can not be switched off also. Sort of fixed half display saying that it is opening.

Can somebody help me sort out the problem? I will be thankful.
ukjoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread - I'll see if a mod can reposition this to the Sony threads - and answer is more likely in there ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Hi UKJoshi,

Sorry to hear about your problems but hopefully a reset will solve your problem.

I had a similar situation with my 600 a while ago and I fixed it by pressing the reset button on the bottom of the device. I'm not sure where this is located on the 505, but I would think in a similar position.

If that does not fix it you could try a hard reset the instructions on how to do this can be found here -
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Sony...der#Hard_Reset

Good luck.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Hi:
Did you charge it using the USB port? If so, try charging it through the yellow adapter jack. (If the battery gets really low, the 505 can have problems charging through the USB port.)

Regards,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
pressing the reset button on the bottom of the device. I'm not sure where this is located on the 505, but I would think in a similar position.
In the middle of the back, but for the OP, leave it charging off a PC overnight first and make sure that the PC doen't go to sleep, as it won't then be charging, then try the reset. Don't forget to slide the power switch after doing a reset & don't worry that the reset itself doesn't change the screen - it won't till the power switch is slid & the device boots...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:08 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Josh. I solved a similar problem with a 505 a couple of years ago with a full re-set and an overnight mains charge. I's worked like a dream ever since. A lovely piece of hardware. For more detailed advice, wait for a real expert. Luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote