Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #211
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
My sincere condolences for the family and friends, but also my thanks, as you are part of what made here what she was, and for that you deserve thanks.

I had come to appreciate Patricia through her posts, book uploads, PMs but also during the Paris meetups. It was a great pleasure to see her there every time she came.
She will be missed.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:49 PM   #212
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
That is a wonderful dedication to Patricia on the eBooks Upload section!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #213
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I just found out, and I thought some of you would like to know, that PJ Lyon has written a short story, Her Whispers in Alexandria, dedicated to Patricia. In his own words:
Quote:
This story is a tribute. A eulogy for a friend not met, but a friend nonetheless. This story is about inspiration and writers and giving up and not giving up and it is, most importantly, for Patricia, her family and her friends.

Last edited by omk3; 09-26-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: corrected link - thanks WDE
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #214
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I just found out, and I thought some of you would like to know, that PJ Lyon has written a short story, Her Whispers in Alexandria, dedicated to Patricia. In his own words:
Thanks omk3. I made a quick fix to your link.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #215
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/15466
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 AM   #216
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
I did not know ...

THANKYOU for the link and to Moejoe for the story, amazing .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #217
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
I've tried a few times to get it, Facebook is timing out atm I guess everybody is trying at once.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #218
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Oh my gosh! I've been too busy to check in with MobileRead for a while and I was shocked to notice that the ebook library here was renamed the "Patricia Clark Memorial Library."

I am so, so very sad. She was always so nice to me and even though I never met her in person, I miss her presence here. I hope wherever she is now, she'll meet all of those fine classic authors that she loved.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #219
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
I am so sorry to hear this news! I did not know Patricia, but I have certainly downloaded a number of her books from MobileRead. She made my reading experiences so much more meaningful and pleasurable with her excellent work. That is a gift that is difficult, if not impossible, to repay. Please express my sincere condolences to her family and friends.

Last edited by krazy4katz; 09-29-2010 at 08:49 PM.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:35 AM   #220
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
It's good to see this short story, thanks for letting us know.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #221
Chris Slape
Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Chris Slape once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
I am very touched by all the messages in remembrance of my sister Patricia. It has been a difficult few months and I still miss her terribly. However it has given me great comfort to see that she will continue to be remembered by the mobile read community. I have read so many messages posted by her friends, some who had never met her but knew her through the virtual community.

Patricia loved the written word from a young age and throughout her life reading brought her great pleasure, therefore I paricularly liked the post from Freeshadow who said:

"Let us not forget one fact: every new "bookworm" still to arrive here someday will - when actually using one of Pats creations - add another brick to her monument: A brick composed of honest deephearted enjoyment, only a true fan of books can feel when confronted with a good one

Chris S
Chris Slape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:22 PM   #222
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Slape View Post
I am very touched by all the messages in remembrance of my sister Patricia. It has been a difficult few months and I still miss her terribly. However it has given me great comfort to see that she will continue to be remembered by the mobile read community. I have read so many messages posted by her friends, some who had never met her but knew her through the virtual community.

Patricia loved the written word from a young age and throughout her life reading brought her great pleasure, therefore I paricularly liked the post from Freeshadow who said:

"Let us not forget one fact: every new "bookworm" still to arrive here someday will - when actually using one of Pats creations - add another brick to her monument: A brick composed of honest deephearted enjoyment, only a true fan of books can feel when confronted with a good one

Chris S
Bless you and your family during this time of sorrow. Continue to relish the knowledge that she will continue to touch lives.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #223
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I thought of her family during the holidays. I had received a gift last year of "crackers" from a co-worker whose wife is a Brit. I did not know what they were and basically ruined them by trying to figure it out. Patricia told me all about how much her family enjoyed them and their tradition of opening them at the table during their Christmas meal. I saw this on TV this year on some generic Christmas special, and it was a moment of comprehension to see the TV family opening them. My heart goes out to you and the rest of Patricia's family.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #224
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I thought of her family during the holidays. I had received a gift last year of "crackers" from a co-worker whose wife is a Brit. I did not know what they were and basically ruined them by trying to figure it out. Patricia told me all about how much her family enjoyed them and their tradition of opening them at the table during their Christmas meal. I saw this on TV this year on some generic Christmas special, and it was a moment of comprehension to see the TV family opening them. My heart goes out to you and the rest of Patricia's family.
LOL . I had to laugh when I read this, because I know it's true. Christmas Crackers are such a part of Christmas here in Britain that we never stop to think that people in other parts of the world aren't familiar with them. I learned this when I went to Ireland on a coach tour one Christmas, and the Americans who were on the tour didn't have a clue what to do with them .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #225
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It was confusing when a bunch of paper and a charm fell out, instead of the expected candy.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote