Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

View Poll Results: "Signature design element": Like it or not?
I don't care, didn't even see it 4 7.27%
I find it strange, but it doesn't matter to me, it doesn't harm functionality 14 25.45%
I find it riduculous, looks cheap and like a children's toy 15 27.27%
I find it smart and unconventional 6 10.91%
It's strange, but this has been the designer's intention and makes people talk 14 25.45%
I like it even more that way 6 10.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Question "Signature design element" on nook color

The odd "loop" at the lower left corner is a "signature design element".
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...55&postcount=2
What do you think about it?

I find it strange, I'm more into symmetrie...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
You left off "nooking", the brand new sport of Nook twirling. You put your finger in the loop and then twirl it like a six gun - the fastest Nook in the west.

Imagine contests with fancy nooking, like the Aerial - twirl it six times, toss it in the air, then catch it behind your back, with your finger, in the loop.

Can't you picture Nook Color teams touring the country and wowing the crowds?

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I like it, it gives me something to attach a tether to.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
I like it, it gives me something to attach a tether to.
That gives me a thought. I could hang a monkey charm on it.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
I think the little corner tab spot is cool. It doesn't harm functionality, they put some of the connections in that protected little spot and it provides a spot to clip stuff to the nook. Overall I think it is a positive.

The new Nook Color device looks to me to be the hottest android tablet coming out now. Hi-end screen, good processor, No 3G, all good choices for a smaller cheaper tablet. It will become the geeks tablet, hacked within hours of its release. I will likely end up with one to complement my current soft-rooted nook classic.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanWatson View Post
The new Nook Color device looks to me to be the hottest android tablet coming out now. Hi-end screen, good processor, No 3G, all good choices for a smaller cheaper tablet. It will become the geeks tablet, hacked within hours of its release. I will likely end up with one to complement my current soft-rooted nook classic.
Hot for sure. I do believe this is the tablet I've been searching for.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I don't mind it much, but it seems over-large. I'll probably attach some kind of wrist strap to it. I'm more disappointed that the "charms" B&N is selling look like wrist straps, but are too small to be functional except for maybe a child.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I have some questions about that "loop":
  • what is it made of
  • how durable is it
  • will the finish wear off easily
Old 10-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
I think the loop design is interesting. I have charms hanging off my cell phone now so I'll be hanging interesting charms off the Nook color to personalize it a bit.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
It differentiates the reader and looks like a good place for a lanyard. Glad they gave design some thought.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #11
mopping five
Enthusiast
mopping five doesn't littermopping five doesn't litter

Device: nook
It's pretty (I like it a LOT) but it looks like something I'd break off in no time.
mopping five is offline   Reply With Quote