Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
pookiebr
Connoisseur
pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Difficulty accessing sideloaded content on Nook tablet 7"

Got the new Nook tablet 7" and am having an issue.......loaded several books to the SD card using Calibre and when I try to open them it shows a box saying "cannot open this file". Some of the books were bought on Amazon and converted to epub format. Never had an issue like this with my older Nook Color or Tablet. The external/SD storage seemed to just integrate with the main tablet. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
pookiebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #2
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
pookiebe: this is from a review on the BN site about side loading with an SD card: Getting it setup is frustrating. You have to activate the side loading to put books from your computer onto the tablet. The Nook Library won't read books from the MicroSD card unless you create a "Nook" folder, and then a "My Documents" folder onto the SD card manually. The device formatting won't actually create this folder for you and tech support won't tell you how to do this.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
pookiebr
Connoisseur
pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do you set about doing that? Prolly isnt as simple as creating a folder on the SD card for Nook folder then a My Documents subfolder I have a feeling...
Thank you for the information
Old 03-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #4
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

That's what I did - created a folder on the SD card called Nook, then one inside that, but it ended up not needing the second folder. Also look at the directions on page 45 of the manual. Additionally, I found with some books I entered from Calibre, they did not show up and/or work until I removed the author part of the Calibre file: turn Murder - John Doe.epub to Murder.epub. For some reason some books still did not show up in the Nook program, but when I went through File Manager in the Apps and found them on the SD card, they opened up in Nook.
As for the Amazon books, you can download the Kindle App and open them through that. If you try this, let me know how it works because I went through Hades with that App and the SD card, and am still not sure how I fixed it. It may have involved not migrating Apps when I reformatted the card when asked the first time.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:04 PM   #5
pookiebr
Connoisseur

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to this but things are a little hectic here. So for computer idiots, if you plug your nook into a computer and open the explorer tree to find the SD card what file do you go to or do you create a new file and title it Nook? I havent had a chance to refer back to the user manual but plan to. You have been alot of help and I appreciate it.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:24 PM   #6
tas03
Zealot

I haven't been here for a while and had not seen this. Yes, you create a new folder called Nook and put the books in there. You may have to go back and remove things like apostrophes and dashes from the titles to get them to show up.