Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Help! I lost my cable

Ok, we just got back from a vacation to Myrtle Beach. Had a wonderful time!
Now to the point, while there I was having so much fun that I didn't even use my reader. I know, your as shocked as I am! I did take my cable that hooks it up to the computer just in case I needed to recharge it from my daughters laptop. It was in a bag with ipods and ipod cables. Well, after arriving home and needing it I can't find it. I called the Sony store and they want $30 for another one. Just wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas as to where to pick one up.
Thanks for the help!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.amazon.com/Retractable-So...6311767&sr=8-5
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
If you have a mp3 player, they use the same miniUSB cord. I have about five of the cords from the electronics I have bought over the years and they all work on my Sony 505. Check cords from other devices before buying a new one.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
What you will need is an A to mini B usb cable - used for cameras as well as for mp3 players and other electronic devices. Amazon have a range of them, some under $5, so have a look. I've just connected my reader to my computer with the usb cable that came with my Fuji camera
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Your local electronics shop, computer shop, or radio shack will or should have this replacement cable.

These are the ends you need on your USB cable for your Reader...

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MR glitched. Posted twice.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Another suggestion would be ebay...I know you'd have to wait a couple days for them to ship it to you, but my camera cords got thrown away and I was able to find replacements from there.

Good to know that the cable for the 505 seems like it's pretty standard.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:10 AM   #8
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
I buy my cables from monoprice.com. Please don't spend $30; monoprice has the USB A to mini B cable for $0.99.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Thank you all for the help! I printed off the picture from JSWolf and am going at lunch time today to try to find one locally. I'm hoping that Walmart might have it, if not we have a local Radio Shack. I'll try there too. If it comes down to it I'll order one off of the internet.
You are all wonderful!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Your local electronics shop, computer shop, or radio shack will or should have this replacement cable.

Good advice. I just got one from Radio Shack. It did cost $20 but it's a three foot retractable cable which will cut down on the clutter
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #11
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
Why do people buy electronics in stores? The same new retractable USB cable is on eBay for less than $2 with free shipping.
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 AM   #12
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
So that they can use it immediately, there's no waiting for it to go through the post.

Also, with ebay, you're buying it without seeing it. Some people prefer to know what they're getting. Obviously most ebay sellers are fine and provide good quality products, but the small minority who don't make some shoppers wary.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:44 AM   #13
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I've been burned several times buying electronics on eBay. Sellers used stock photos of a Sony Vaio power supply and battery, then sent me cheap OEM versions.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #14
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I use my Kindle cable to connect both the Kindle and the Sony readers to my computer. (Yeah, I misplaced my Sony cable, too.)
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey34 View Post
Thank you all for the help! I printed off the picture from JSWolf and am going at lunch time today to try to find one locally. I'm hoping that Walmart might have it, if not we have a local Radio Shack. I'll try there too. If it comes down to it I'll order one off of the internet.
You are all wonderful!
I'm sure Walmart or Radio Shack will have the cable in stock. Were you able to get one locally?