Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #1
teaberry
teaberry began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
hi there! getting my PRS-505 soon

I've been looking at eReaders and been a long-time sony fan so it was a natural choice to go with a PRS-505 (used from amazon marketplace). I'm also traveling to Europe in about 2 weeks and plan on taking the reader with me. A few questions please:

1) what is the best travel cover for it (silver)?

2) where can i get some free classics (1001 Arabian Night Stories, Greek mythologies, etc) in a compatible format?

I look forward to learning and contributing on the forum.
teaberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #2
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Hello Teaberry. Welcome to the forum . I'm also new here and am awaiting my refurbished sony prs505 sc.
About the classics: Have you looked at the upload section here on mobileread?
They have a lot of classics specifically formatted for the Sony.
You can also try project Gutenberg of course, but a lot of the books here are from project Gutenberg, just cleaned up and reformatted for all the different devices.
Just look underneath the mobileread logo . You'll see a blue bar. Click ebooks and your there.

Maryse.
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

If you're travelling without your laptop/computer, I'd recommend getting a Sony PSP AC charger and an outlet converter pack.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
teaberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysart View Post
Hello Teaberry. Welcome to the forum . I'm also new here and am awaiting my refurbished sony prs505 sc.
About the classics: Have you looked at the upload section here on mobileread?
They have a lot of classics specifically formatted for the Sony.
You can also try project Gutenberg of course, but a lot of the books here are from project Gutenberg, just cleaned up and reformatted for all the different devices.
Just look underneath the mobileread logo . You'll see a blue bar. Click ebooks and your there.

Maryse.
Hi Mary, welcome as well and congrats on your PRS505. I've checked the ebook section here and didn't find many books I am interested. However, I did find this forum with books that are available in many formats including both Kindle and Sony friendly: http://manybooks.net/
Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberry View Post
Hi Mary, welcome as well and congrats on your PRS505. I've checked the ebook section here and didn't find many books I am interested. However, I did find this forum with books that are available in many formats including both Kindle and Sony friendly: http://manybooks.net/
It's hard to browse the MR section for books, but if you know exactly what you are looking for check here. I know we have a copy of 1001 Nights.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 AM   #6
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
1001 Nights:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12146
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
I've been looking at eReaders and been a long-time sony fan so it was a natural choice to go with a PRS-505 (used from amazon marketplace).
I look forward to learning and contributing on the forum.
Hi Teaberry and welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy the Sony as much as we do.

Quote:
I've checked the ebook section here and didn't find many books I am interested. However, I did find this forum with books that are available in many formats including both Kindle and Sony friendly: http://manybooks.net/
Please tell us which books are missing. We are trying our best to deliver nice formatted ebooks in many file-formats to all MR-members. Book wishes are always welcome as long as the books are public domain...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 AM   #8
teaberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
If you're travelling without your laptop/computer, I'd recommend getting a Sony PSP AC charger and an outlet converter pack.
Thanks for the suggestion; I already have both of those things. I even have the lesser-known Sony LocationFree player so I can watch my home TV on the road on a PSP or laptop via wifi

I still would love suggestions on a cover, something not too pricey yet light and possibly spill proof while protecting the screen and body well.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #9
teaberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjones View Post
You rock! Thank you. I downloaded both version to see which may be better once I get my reader on Tuesday.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #10
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
There's also this version:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11591

By Greek mythology, I'm going to assume Homer.
Iliad:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22263
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23183
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11147
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13147

The Oddesy:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10645
The Oddesy in Ionic Greek:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12166
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi teaberry and welcome to Mobileread. I have both the MEdge Executive and Leisure covers. The Leisure cover is very useful for travel. The reader fits into a padded recess and has a clear plastic front through which you can read. Although not waterproof, it is water resistant and very handy for the pool, boating etc. I use mine at the gym and also on travel, placing the reader into the padded recess screen first.

Check here for details https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=medge
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #12
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
I even have the lesser-known Sony LocationFree player so I can watch my home TV on the road on a PSP or laptop via wifi
A gadget I haven't heard about? Quick of to google I go....
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote