Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
triviadave
triviadave began at the beginning.

Device: None (yet)
Question British Newspapers

Hi, does anyone know of any UK based newspapers which are available in an electronic form and could be reasonably viewed on an eInk ebook reader? I don't mean a collection of the stories taken from the respective website but an electronic copy of the full paper.
I haven't bought (or even decided upon) a device yet, so the format isn't too important as I can purchase an appropriate reader.

Any ideas gratefully received,

Dave
triviadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
quig
quig began at the beginning.

Device: Jornada 520
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33673.
quig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you can get the guardian, the london times and a few others on any ebook reader using calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Pressdisplay will export to the DR1000, any of the UK Newspapers, but at present, it requires the Windows version. The Mac version doesn't allow the exprot as yet.

The Guardian 24 allows saving of a pdf version which you can display, though a 6" screen may be a bit small.

Otherwise, Calibre has a reasonable stab at collecting the News from a variety of UK Papers and can display on most e-readers.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:29 AM   #5
triviadave
triviadave began at the beginning.

Device: None (yet)
Thanks for the replies guys, I will have a look and see if anything floats my boat.
triviadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert