Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-28-2017, 03:06 PM   #16
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
I am sure that amzon + USA libraries manage it way better then thisfor kindle formats
Perhaps you could test it in the same way,
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:07 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
semi-obscure then ?

it is not mentioned on the uk download link I posted.
anyway, I thought I'd continue to test the new improved overdrive app some more on my android tablet...
so I found my library card stuff, logged into the app, went through the alpha serach bit to find my library. decided I wanted a book so I clicked on that and the 1st think the library page want me to do is sign in all over again. bad start for the app.
so moving on, I checkout a couple of epubs ( for downloading at the PC later) I decide not to do anything rash like downloading them to the ( probably not aurhorized) tablet, i decide instead so see if I could just read them online ... 5 minute later I've given up, booted the PC, logged into library gone to my loans, and the PC version says do I want to read them in a browser... aaargh - yes I did want to do that 5 minutes ago, on the tablet and you would not let me....
still, ade 2.01 only threw a mild hissy fit about expired/ missing books in its local folder [ i have not used it for several weeks] & seems willing to now do the downloads....
I am sure that amzon + USA libraries manage it way better then thisfor kindle formats
The thing is, most people who strip DRM, know to use ADE 2.0.1. They get the programs/plugins from Apprentice Alf's blog and as long as they read the blog, they know to use ADE 2.0.1. So for those who need to know, they mostly know.

All versions of ADE will tell you about expired and missing eBooks. The problem with ADE is that expired eBooks remain in the ADE library. Missing eBooks is your fault. You've removed some eBooks from the ADE library incorrectly. You have to use ADE to delete the eBooks and then go into the ADE library and remove all the files for the removed eBooks. As for expired eBooks, yes, ADE will not let you load them. The thing to do is to delete the expired eBooks via ADE. ADE keeps a list of the eBooks in the library and if you delete the expired eBooks but not via ADE, then you will have missing eBooks.

As for Amazon & Overdrive, there is a different problem. When a library eBook expires, Amazon queues up an eBook to replace the library eBook. The replacement eBook overwrites the expired eBook and if you load it you know it's an expired library eBook. So your Kindle library can end up filled with expired eBooks.

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-28-2017 at 03:10 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2017, 03:14 PM   #18
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Perhaps you could test it in the same way,
i no longer have a USA library account, so someone else would need to do the compare.
as I recall, when I did do it, FLP library checkout gave me a link to click which took me to amazon, and the book appeared on my Kindle reader a minute later. the whole go via an authorized PC & then copy to an authorized device bit was bypassed
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:21 PM   #19
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But that's only a point, not all the comment. Anyway, I hope the OP has info enough about libraries and Kindle.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:03 AM   #20
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Um, ok...what the actual hell?

Anyway I figured it out how to borrow library books and get them on to my kindle.

Ill just leave you all to whatever you were going on about on my post.

*backs away slowly*
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2017, 02:44 AM   #21
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Um, ok...what the actual hell?

Anyway I figured it out how to borrow library books and get them on to my kindle.
I've no idea how you're doing that in Australia without pirating the books.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:32 AM   #22
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I've no idea how you're doing that in Australia without pirating the books.
Im a member of the free library of Philadelphia. I log onto onto overdrive, choose kindle, takes me to amazon, i download ebook to my kindle.

So sure if having a membership with the free library of Philadelphia is pirating then ok.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:05 AM   #23
MorganM
Fanatic

Anyway im done with this post. All i got was squabbling between people which didn't answer my op. Feel free to continue. After viewing the derailment i decided to ask a friend. I wont be back to read future pists posts.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:12 AM   #24
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Im a member of the free library of Philadelphia. I log onto onto overdrive, choose kindle, takes me to amazon, i download ebook to my kindle.

So sure if having a membership with the free library of Philadelphia is pirating then ok.
No, it's not pirating. This was one of the libraries I mentioned before, I believe (I have a membership there too).
Old 03-02-2017, 04:13 AM   #25
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:

Ah ok, so, not Australian library books.

I looked into joining FLP a while back, but their application form for out-of-state residents didn't allow for an international address. Is there a way around that?

And your question was well and truly answered here: you can't (legally) read Australian library books on a Kindle, though there are some US libraries that may or may not work. FLP was specifically mentioned at least twice above (though as I said I haven't found a way around their application form yet). There's also a wiki of libraries here at mobileread.

Last edited by meeera; 03-02-2017 at 04:17 AM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:19 AM   #26
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I looked into joining FLP a while back, but their application form for out-of-state residents didn't allow for an international address. Is there a way around that?
I think I remember that, when I got the membership, I contacted by email directly, not the form.