Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
acoppin
acoppin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo
Calibre errors

When I create a Catalog I get errors on some books, all for the same author. I have tried editing the name and sort fields but can't seem to get rid of the errors, see below. Anyone know what I should be looking for?

calibre, version 1.19.0
WARNING: Author Sort mismatch: Catalog generation complete, with warnings.

Warning: Inconsistent Author Sort values for Author 'Bernard Cornwell':
Cornwell, Bernard != Bernard Cornwell

etcetera for most of the Clive Cussler books.
acoppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Bulk update all the author and author sort fields for each author, so they are consistent (same for all books by the same author). Also auto update the author sort field. Should fix it.

Last edited by Adoby; 01-14-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
FWIW
If you look at any of those titles in the metadata editor: The Author sort will be RED colored, indicating it does not match the sort rules setting.

The Quality check Plugin has a test: Check Metadata: Check Author sort
You select All of those and use Bulk Metadata edit (mode): <tick the box: Automatically set Author sort>

The Quality check PI is a 'must have' PI. It has dozens of checks and some fixes that help make consistent Metadata
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
The bottom line is if you have examined the author_sort fields via the metadata editor for those books with errors and you are happy with what you have in the author_sort field then ignore the errors. If you aren't happy with the author_sort fields then correct them as Adoby and theducks have outlined.

I have many books set to sort by the word "various". I get errors for these books, this make no difference to me or my catalog.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post

I have many books set to sort by the word "various".
Why didn't I think of that one. I had been setting the Author to Various and losing the (big,4+) list of Authors.
Walt
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, catalog, error