Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Flo112
Flo112 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre destroys ebooks after changing metadata

Hi

i have following problem. I imported several epub books and afterwards i changed the metadate (e.g author tipo correction) or added a category.
After that the file size is not shown anymore.
If i want to open the book calibre prompts the error message that its not a zip file.

Any idea?
Thanks in advance
Flo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not normal at all.
Something is interfering (badly) since a basic metadata change does not get inserted directly into a book.

Likly candidates:
Anti Virus software
Malware
Corrupt file in the first place.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
More candidates: putting your library on a network file system or in a cloud-synced folder, especially Google drive.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
another - you downloaded the book via a download manager

download the book again using your browser - right click the link and use Save Link/Target As

Some sites don't like some download managers - Mobileread being one of them - I can't download anything useful from here via Firefox/Flashgot/FDM - it always delivers rubbish even though it 'looks like it worked', I have to remember to use Save Link As.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-26-2013 at 07:28 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
I've edited the metadata for a long time on hundreds of my books without a problem. Download it again as has been said and start over.
Make sure you back up your library.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, corrupted, metadata