Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #61
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I am currently uploading my Calibre Library to Copy now I know I don't need two copies on my hard drive! A little slower than DB but not where as slow as Box.

I haven't yep played with the app. I need to do that!
The initial sync took a little longer, because I dumped 2gb of data all at once, lol, my modified files are scanned and updated quicker.

Edit:
On a seperate matter: Can Anyone tell my why my post appears like there is a HUGE blank area at the beginning of my post?
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #62
JohnMorris
Enthusiast
JohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: PRS650, Kobo touch, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
special thanks and K to kyteflyer for pointing this out, and to anemicoak for showing how to use shortcuts for syncing!

as for the limits, kyteflyer tell us how you are going, as I guess most people, me included, used your link to sign up.

Indeed, glad if anybody feels altruistic enough to sign up using mine
https://copy.com?r=OxXe7U

On the AT&T one: note that the article specifies that it lacks folder sync a la dropbox...
I did, and got the 5G; I trust you did too. Assuming I'm not the last one to join the party, here's mine: https://copy.com?r=GdKomD

It does look very interesting. I have a 100G Dropbox account at the same price as the Copy 250G. I've been quite happy with Dropbox, but will be even happier if Copy pushes them to storage-match.
JohnMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #63
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
The initial sync took a little longer, because I dumped 2gb of data all at once, lol, my modified files are scanned and updated quicker.

Edit:
On a seperate matter: Can Anyone tell my why my post appears like there is a HUGE blank area at the beginning of my post?
Let's just say my Calibre folder is 12GB and leave it at that.
It's been going since I posted last and it's at 5GB. So It's not too bad.

I don't see any blank area on your post?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #64
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I signed up a few weeks ago, but didn't realize you could get the extra 5GB multiple times, so if anyone else wants to sign up...

Edit: I also found another easy way to sync files that are not in the Copy folder. I was about to try the info in Post #6 in this thread, and then tried this instead:

Right click the folder and select Send To, and then Desktop (create shortcut). Then just move that newly created shortcut from your Desktop into the Copy folder. And that's it, it will start syncing the full folder shortly. This worked on WinXP for me, but I've read it should also work the same in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
Edit:
There's no blank space at the top of your post either for me. You might try cleaning out your cache and reloading the page. What browser are you using?

Last edited by Ripplinger; 07-22-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #65
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Right click the folder and select Send To, and then Desktop (create shortcut). Then just move that newly created shortcut from your Desktop into the Copy folder. And that's it, it will start syncing the full folder shortly. This worked on WinXP for me, but I've read it should also work the same in Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
That is the same like in post #6 except that post just tells you to create shortcut of the folder and put it in Copy folder.
What was helpful for me, as *new and never ever going back to Windows* Mac user was the hint on making alias of the folder, since shamefully, I have never created alias on my Mac

I simply love not having to create shortcuts and not having to confirm 50 times that I really want to do what I want to do
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I signed up a few weeks ago, but didn't realize you could get the extra 5GB multiple times, so if anyone else wants to sign up...

Edit: I also found another easy way to sync files that are not in the Copy folder. I was about to try the info in Post #6 in this thread, and then tried this instead:

Another way is just right click on the folder and choose copy. Go to your Copy folder and right click again and choose paste shortcut.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #67
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Creating a shortcut link to a single file is easy enough, it was when creating a shortcut to folders that I had a problem. Within WinXP at least, I couldn't find a way to do that easily and really didn't want to install other software from the thread that was linked to do it. I thought it would help others having problems creating links to entire folders.

Selecting copy in WinXP doesn't have an option to then just paste a shortcut to the new location, it will only copy the entire contents again. And for myself, I really don't want duplicates of my library in 2 places on the same drive. I know I can change the location of the Calibre Library, but I'd rather not do that either and prefer to stick to my file system of having all ebooks in the same main directory together with all other "bookly" things.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #68
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
Bizarre. There's like an entire 6 lines with if empty space at the top of some but not all of my posts using Firefox on my pc. I'll look iult over more. Thanks.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #69
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

While creating a link for an entire folder worked like a charm, I haven't been able to do the same for a single file. When I place a shortcut to a specific file in the Copy folder, it only syncs the shortcut file and not the target file.

Is there a way to get that to work? Or more likely I should ask: "What am I doing wrong?"
Old 07-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #70
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I have Mac OS X 10.6 so I can't install the Copy app until I upgrade. I moved an alias to a folder to the Copy folder in a web browser but it didn't sync the alias folder. Do I need to upgrade the OS to get this to work?
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #71
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I have Mac OS X 10.6 so I can't install the Copy app until I upgrade. I moved an alias to a folder to the Copy folder in a web browser but it didn't sync the alias folder. Do I need to upgrade the OS to get this to work?
How did you manage to have Copy folder if you didn't install Copy app?
You would have to upgrade OS in order to have the app, as you rightly said.

Quote:
Currently we support OS X 10.7 Lion and above.
Copy utilizes features in newer versions of OS X that are not available in earlier versions. Copy would not be able to run on these older versions of OS X. We do not currently plan to support OS X versions lower than 10.7.
If you are talking about Copy folder in browser, then I don't think alias will be working. You have to upload the whole folder.
I think alias works when you have Copy app installed and then you have Copy folder on your hard drive - so buy only putting alias in that (hard drive) folder, you don't have to have two folders on the same drive (original folder which you want to back up + copy of that folder in your Copy hard drive folder).

So, if you are not planning to upgrade your OS soon, just put the folder you want to back up inside of Copy folder on your account. (even if you had alias, it would take same time for uploading all files, so time-wise there is no difference)

Last edited by jmilica; 07-23-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #72
jmilica
Banned

Quote:
While creating a link for an entire folder worked like a charm, I haven't been able to do the same for a single file. When I place a shortcut to a specific file in the Copy folder, it only syncs the shortcut file and not the target file.

Is there a way to get that to work? Or more likely I should ask: "What am I doing wrong?"
I think shortcuts/aliases only work with the folders, not with single files. At least, their explanation only mentions folders

Quote:
Can I sync folders to Copy that are located outside of my Copy folder?
Yes, you can sync folders that are outside of your Copy folder. This can be done easily by using either symbolic links or by using aliases (OS X) or shortcuts (Windows)

For symbolic links, you just need to create a link between the folder that you want to sync and your Copy folder. Copy will then follow the path in your link to the folder you want to sync.

If you need help creating symlinks, see this helpful article:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226...dows-or-linux/

For aliases/shortcuts, you just need to make an alias/shortcut to the folder you want to sync and place that alias/shortcut into you Copy folder. Copy will then follow the path in your alias/shortcut to the folder you want to sync.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #73
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
If you are talking about Copy folder in browser, then I don't think alias will be working. You have to upload the whole folder.
I think alias works when you have Copy app installed and then you have Copy folder on your hard drive - so buy only putting alias in that (hard drive) folder, you don't have to have two folders on the same drive (original folder which you want to back up + copy of that folder in your Copy hard drive folder).

So, if you are not planning to upgrade your OS soon, just put the folder you want to back up inside of Copy folder on your account. (even if you had alias, it would take same time for uploading all files, so time-wise there is no difference)
Ok thanks, aliases only work for the app then, I was looking for confirmation of that. Currently my Calibre library is stored on Dropbox, so if I want to keep them synchronized, instead of keeping a back-up, I would have to upgrade my OS it seems.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #74
jmilica
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Ok thanks, aliases only work for the app then, I was looking for confirmation of that. Currently my Calibre library is stored on Dropbox, so if I want to keep them synchronized, instead of keeping a back-up, I would have to upgrade my OS it seems.
Seems so. Or someone might know a workaround, but not me
Old 07-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #75
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
I think shortcuts/aliases only work with the folders, not with single files. At least, their explanation only mentions folders
It's odd that it works with SugarSync for individual files, but not with Copy. Still 20GB is very very nice indeed even without being able to back up a single file. I'm hoping to get enough space through signups to back up my photos too.