Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
MV89
MV89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Can't search bookstore on my device

Hi,

I have a few problems with the Kobo bookstore on my Aura.

1) The search function seems to be broken. Whatever the keyword, all I get is "0 results found. Please try a different search term." No results in either the Bookstore or the Library.
I distinctly remember being able to browse the bookstore and use the search function about two weeks ago. What changed?

2) Before I bought a book just now, the Storefront was empty, except for the TOP 50. No possibilites of browsing. After I bought the book via PC (the first in my library, others were sideloaded), it's not empty anymore, just full of suggestions from the same author (makes sense), but the search function still does not function.

3) If I press "Bookstore">"Categories" on the home page, it tries to load it and then says "Network Error; Oops, something happened to your internet connection. Please check /.../"
NO. Nothing happened to my internet connection. It is fine. What the hell?

Signing out and back in does not help. A factory reset does not help (just deletes your reading stats despite syncing ). I live in the EU, if this might be the issue, but I doubt it, since I was able to search for and, presumably, buy books about two weeks ago.

I really like the device, so I really want to fix this issue. Any ideas? Thanks.
MV89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As a quick check, try ensuring that WiFi is enabled and connected. Now open the web browser and open a web page -- Google for example. If you have access to the router, check if the Kobo shows up on the DHCP client listing.

I've seen a couple of times where WiFi connectivity was not working so this acts as a quick check.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
MV89

Thanks for replying. Just to make sure, I checked it again today. Still a problem.

Wi-fi works. The book I bought was synced/downloaded to the device fine and I can also use the web browser (googling successful). It seems like the problem is elsewhere.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
I have exactly the same problem; the webbrowser works, but book search does not.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:19 AM   #5
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Could it be that you are both using Auras sold by affiliates? Just one thought...
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Could it be that you are both using Auras sold by affiliates? Just one thought...
Hmmm, I am, I bought it from FNAC. At the setup it asked me whether I want to use in with the FNAC shop or with Kobo. I chose Kobo. (I had another problem -it didn't let me log in with my Kobo account, I had to create a new one)
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Kobos also come from FNAC, I set them up with a Kobo account too and I don't have the same issue so it should be something else

Have you tried to change the affiliate.conf file? Maybe putting kobo instead of FNAC can shake things a little bit (and now you know that I don't work in IT at all ).
Old 11-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
MV89

I didn't do anything, but the issue seems to be resolved. It just started working. Maybe the people at Kobo fixed it?

Does it work for you to, psv?
Old 11-27-2013, 03:38 AM   #9
samhy
Wizard

Also a couple days ago the bookstore was very slow on my Aura (and I wasn't close to the routeur). Several times I thought it didn't register my search but after a little while the results appeared.
I don't know if something could have been wrong with the Kobo servers.

MV89, that's good news
Old 11-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
retired05
retired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blueretired05 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo touch
Just updated my kobo and my husbands to the latest update mine seems to be ok but i cannot search the bookstore . It says oops network error . i can sync no problem i just tested the web to search google no problem . i wonder if its kobo end
retired05 is offline   Reply With Quote