Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
writerkit
Enthusiast
writerkit began at the beginning.

Device: none
Old pen name still showing up.

Just trying to rule out that this is a Calibre issue. And if Kovid could comment, I'd be so much in debt to him.

In the middle of revising my first book, I've decided to use a pen name. However, I had already tested converting my HTML file through Calibre a couple of times with the old name.

My question: when I test the file with the new pen name on my Nook for Mac app, both author names are listed, instead of just the new pen name. As you can imagine, this is not something I want.

Is this an issue with the Nook app, or is this something particular to Calibre? Is the old metadata not getting completely removed when I "Remove Books?"

Thanks again in advance - Calibre is FANTASTIC.
writerkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 AM   #2
writerkit
Enthusiast
writerkit began at the beginning.

Device: none
If by chance anyone is awake, I'm still trying to work out why my old author name is showing up with the thumbnail info in Nook for Mac, along with the new pen name. Also, Nook for iPhone is listing the author name twice. Anyone have any ideas?
writerkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Most likely the info is cached on the Nook. You can check exactly what metadata is in a given file by opening it with the calibre viewer and clicking the show metadata button (the one with a blue i on it). Or you can use the command line tool ebook-meta
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata, pen name, pseudonym, remove books