Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #526
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Oh, well. My bad.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #527
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Upped mirror to 3.6
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #528
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Upped mirror to 3.6
Thanks mate!

Aaaaand now... I'm already working on Kubrick 4.0 (yep, new major version, but actually all the changes are happening "under the hood" from the user's point of view).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #529
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And on a related note:
Having the "factory fastboot" cable has not gotten me any closer to getting the Kpw into either USB downloader mode or Fastboot mode.
At least not yet.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #530
fiftyg
fiftyg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hi Guys

I used this method in the past to flash my Kindle Touch but I was on an old firmware so I wanted to update for a little better performance and so that I could connect to my wifi. I did two updates and noticed that 5.3.7 was a little big, but it was not until AFTER I installed and then read the forums did I realise what it had done.

I am not sure what procedure I would use to get the ads removed again? Would I have to complete the whole procedure again?

Thanks
fiftyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #531
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyg View Post
Hi Guys

I used this method in the past to flash my Kindle Touch but I was on an old firmware so I wanted to update for a little better performance and so that I could connect to my wifi. I did two updates and noticed that 5.3.7 was a little big, but it was not until AFTER I installed and then read the forums did I realise what it had done.

I am not sure what procedure I would use to get the ads removed again? Would I have to complete the whole procedure again?

Thanks
This site no longer supports the removal of SO (Special Offers) ads.
This Kubrick application never did and never will, touch the portion of the flash that controls Amazon's ads. So you must have used some other method to disable the ads.

The only way is to contact Amazon CS and have them remove the ads for you.

Last edited by knc1; 08-10-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #532
fiftyg
fiftyg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Fair enough. I will have to look a little deeper into what the jailbreak was actually for! As you said I called up Amazon CS and they removed them in about two seconds. I didn't mean to take the original post off topic.

Cheers
fiftyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #533
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyg View Post
Fair enough. I will have to look a little deeper into what the jailbreak was actually for! As you said I called up Amazon CS and they removed them in about two seconds. I didn't mean to take the original post off topic.

Cheers
Our packages here use the built-in installation features of the Amazon firmware.

That firmware **reguires** packages to cryptographically signed.
The "Device Jailbreak" installs a Mobile Read developer's certificate to the ones that come with the Amazon firmware.

Depending on the device and the version of the "Device Jailbreak", its installation also does some other helpful file installs.
For instance, the current device jailbreak for the Kpw has gotten fairly complex (because Kpw's are hard to de-brick).

But the real "key" (no pun intended) is the addition of that certificate that allows our packages to be installed.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #534
LAURARO
LAURARO began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello

I have problems with a Kinle 3, since yesterday it´s freeze, i have tryed to do the 20 second to reboot but nothing happens, i have contact to amazom and they´ve told me that i must buy another one, nothing to do

Sorry for my English, i don´t know if this post is ok here, can this will help to put it on again?

Thanks
LAURARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #535
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAURARO View Post
Hello

I have problems with a Kinle 3, since yesterday it´s freeze, i have tryed to do the 20 second to reboot but nothing happens, i have contact to amazom and they´ve told me that i must buy another one, nothing to do

Sorry for my English, i don´t know if this post is ok here, can this will help to put it on again?

Thanks
First thing to do - leave it on a wall charger for at least a full day.

The K3 is getting fairly old, you may be having battery problems.
PLUS
You will need a fully charged battery that still has good storage capacity to use this tool on the K3.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #536
LAURARO

OK, but the problem, after this,how can i use this debrick program if the kindle is not recognised by the pc?, it´s totally block and it does not appears in the pc

Thanks
Old 08-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #537
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAURARO View Post
OK, but the problem, after this,how can i use this debrick program if the kindle is not recognised by the pc?, it´s totally block and it does not appears in the pc

Thanks
The "De-Brick Wizard" handles that.
The K3 is put into a special, non-end-user mode for recovery.

So, go plug it in now.
Do not use the colored light as an indicator, just plug it in and let it sit.
Then tell us how it behaves 24 hours from now.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #538
LAURARO

ok, fist i will put it 24h charging, after this, i will try it and tell you wthat happens

Thanks
Old 08-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #539
LAURARO

Hi, all done ok but no response with my kindle, is still blocked

Thanks
Old 08-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #540
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Sounds dead.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote