Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 06:09 PM   #511
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Version 3.6

Version 3.6 is now available from the primary download location.

It fixes the issue where the Kindle would not be recognized anymore by Windows after the USB storage was reformatted.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #512
pancho93
pancho93 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Version 3.6 is now available from the primary download location.

It fixes the issue where the Kindle would not be recognized anymore by Windows after the USB storage was reformatted.
ixtab u are a genius...thanks for all your hard work
i solved the problem with a format and reconnect the kindle then automatic reinstalled device and were all ok
sorry my english...regards from Argentina
pancho93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #513
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
fuddlestix! Will update the image I have on backup tomorrow.
Note to self.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #514
man33sh
man33sh began at the beginning.

Sure it's dead!

I'm sure my device is bricked but I came across this thread so thought I'll give it a go as well. I've tried almost everything on it and nothing's worked yet - in fact there has been absolutely no change. I keep seeing the guy reading, under the tree.

I have tried charging the thing for more than 10 hrs but the orange light does not turn green.

Anyway, I got past the first screen (woohoo! lol) and now I'm stuck here. My device simply refuses to enter the USB Downloader Mode. Any inputs will be helpful. Please let me know if more info is required - sorry I'm kinda new at this.

Last edited by twobob; 08-08-2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: fixed up links, moved title.
man33sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #515
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Errm... did you press "Next" ? I.e. did you hit the ENTER button?

The screenshot (which was a good idea BTW) clearly shows that the device has entered USB downloader mode, and Kubrick is now waiting for you to press ENTER.

Last edited by ixtab; 08-08-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 07:12 AM   #516
man33sh

Quote:
Errm... did you press "Next" ? I.e. did you hit the ENTER button?
Sorry, yes. I did that. It said Failed.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #517
ixtab
(offline)

Hehe... then please post a screenshot of what failed, not of what worked
Old 08-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #518
man33sh

Quote:
Hehe... then please post a screenshot of what failed, not of what worked
So sorry...

Last edited by twobob; 08-08-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #519
ixtab
(offline)

Hmmm... that most probably means that your u-boot on the Kindle is broken. So... time for manual debricking using a serial cable - or the trash bin. Sorry about that.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #520
man33sh

One last qs, probably.... how can I manually debrick?

Also, does it work?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #521
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Select the "HowTo" prefix filter, click the "show posts" in that list you will find the original (before Kubrick) directions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #522
ixtab
(offline)

... or just look at the credits in the first post of this thread. There's a link to an (admittedly huge) thread in which you may find some pointers. Otherwise, search the forum for "serial debrick touch" or similar. I've never done any of the serial stuff, so I'm afraid I can't help you with it.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #523
man33sh

Thank you.. will look for it.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #524
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man33sh View Post
Quote:
Hmmm... that most probably means that your u-boot on the Kindle is broken. So... time for manual debricking using a serial cable - or the trash bin. Sorry about that.
Or try to use this before resorting to serial connection.

@ixtab, I've checked Kubrick sources, found linked binary there, but didn't found its usage. fastboot_standalone.bin is just there but not used anywhere. Did I miss something?
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #525
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Or try to use this before resorting to serial connection.

@ixtab, I've checked Kubrick sources, found linked binary there, but didn't found its usage. fastboot_standalone.bin is just there but not used anywhere. Did I miss something?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2430458