Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-30-2013, 03:29 AM   #496
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Version 3.5 mirrored.
I'm sorry for being late.

http://ulozto.net/xJty8W6z/kubrick-k3-k4-k5-zip
http://ulozto.net/xfxesiTk/kubrick-k3-zip
http://ulozto.net/xDCkSXW4/kubrick-k4-k5-zip
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #497
Zirowe
Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Hi, I have this problem with my kindle keyboard 3G EU.

I've tried to fix it with kubrick, I've runned it 3 times.
It took about 2,5-3 hours to complete, then 30 reset and reboot.
Is it normal, that the data/internal storage on my kindle (the books on it) is not deleted/formatted?

The kubrick unbrick method does update the waveform wbf file of the device?

Last edited by Zirowe; 07-30-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Zirowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #498
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirowe View Post
I've tried to fix it with kubrick, I've runned it 3 times.
It took about 2,5-3 hours to complete, then 30 reset and reboot.
Is it normal, that the data/internal storage on my kindle (the books on it) is not deleted/formatted?

The kubrick unbrick method does update the waveform wbf file of the device?
That is the normal amount of time for a K3 to reflash.

The "User Storage" area is not disturbed by design of Kubrick.

**NO** it does not (directly) re-program the display waveform calibration, that is a "per display unit" data calibration.

Note: I wrote: "(directly)" because the image file **might** have a copy of the display prom file that is loaded by the firmware loader (similar to how the Wifi chip is loaded).
Not sure about that myself. Just search the image file for it.

Last edited by knc1; 07-30-2013 at 01:48 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #499
Zirowe
Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Zirowe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Check that link, does not seem to make any sense.

That is the normal amount of time for a K3 to reflash.

The "User Storage" area is not disturbed by design of Kubrick.

**NO** it does not (directly) re-program the display waveform calibration, that is a "per display unit" data calibration.

Note: I wrote: "(directly)" because the image file **might** have a copy of the display prom file that is loaded by the firmware loader (similar to how the Wifi chip is loaded).
Not sure about that myself. Just search the image file for it.
Yes, sorry, wrong link.
I've corrected it now.
Zirowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #500
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirowe View Post
Yes, sorry, wrong link.
I've corrected it now.
No word back (yet) from the distributor(s) I know of - - -
There has to be a copy of that file somewhere in the world.
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #501
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Version 3.5 mirrored.
I'm sorry for being late.
Thanks man, much appreciated!

PS: Don't worry about being "late", it's not like you're paid for the job
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #502
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
After using Kubrick 3.5 on Kindle 3 WIFI every bin package fail with U007 error.

EDIT: Used it one more time + restored factory default. Still U007. What the hell?

EDIT2: Installing Jailbreak manually fixed the issue.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 08-02-2013 at 01:11 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #503
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
After using Kubrick 3.5 on Kindle 3 WIFI every bin package fail with U007 error.

EDIT: Used it one more time + restored factory default. Still U007. What the hell?

EDIT2: Installing Jailbreak manually fixed the issue.
Hmmm... can't reproduce. With the B006 K3 that I have here, everything works just fine. No clue...
Old 08-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #504
pancho93
pancho93 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
can anyone help me? any of my computers dont recognized the kindle, says that dont have format...
i will try with new version but can anyone tell me how to close the internal storage? i think is that...thanks
pancho93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #505
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho93 View Post
can anyone help me? any of my computers dont recognized the kindle, says that dont have format...
i will try with new version but can anyone tell me how to close the internal storage? i think is that...thanks
First -
Try for a complete, cold re-boot.

Press and hold the power button for at least 20 seconds, 30 seconds will not hurt just to be sure.

The "cold start" re-boot **might** fix the USB storage for you.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #506
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho93 View Post
any of my computers dont recognized the kindle, says that dont have format...
may help: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...51#post2579751
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #507
_Abahd_
_Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

hi, first of all great program!

...but i got the same problem like pancho93 and others but no mentioned way worked for me. cant access /mnt/us in windows and it seems like the name for USBNet-adapter dissapeared too.
any further possibilities/ideas?

grz
_Abahd_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #508
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Abahd_ View Post
hi, first of all great program!

...but i got the same problem like pancho93 and others but no mentioned way worked for me. cant access /mnt/us in windows and it seems like the name for USBNet-adapter dissapeared too.
any further possibilities/ideas?

grz
Please describe more about:
"Can't access /mnt/us in Windows . . ."
Old 08-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #509
_Abahd_
_Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

i´ve wanted to downgrade from kt 5.3.7 by using kubrick 3.5. i´ve activated the option to delete all my files. everything worked fine but for windows(7) every information about the kt seems to be diasappeared(no problem with an unix pc). means in usbmode windows dont recognize kindle(/mnt/us), wants to format the device and then cant recognize the file system.
tried restart, cold restart, reformating again as only option in kubrick 3.5. means everything what helped other people. didnt try the "old way" to debrick... could that help?

grz
_Abahd_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #510
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Abahd_ View Post
i´ve wanted to downgrade from kt 5.3.7 by using kubrick 3.5. i´ve activated the option to delete all my files. everything worked fine but for windows(7) every information about the kt seems to be diasappeared(no problem with an unix pc). means in usbmode windows dont recognize kindle(/mnt/us), wants to format the device and then cant recognize the file system.
tried restart, cold restart, reformating again as only option in kubrick 3.5. means everything what helped other people. didnt try the "old way" to debrick... could that help?

grz
Problem confirmed. I have no clue why Windows 7 is seemingly unable to read a FAT32 partition, but yeah - it's Windows after all. Will look into it soon. Until then, you can reformat the drive in Windows.