Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
zorko
zorko began at the beginning.

Device: none
devcap-get-feature

Does anyone how devcap-get-feature works?

I have found it used in the configuration file these ways:

devcap-get-feature -i screen dpi

Returns 212 in my PW

devcap-get-feature -s adtcp available

Returns true

devcap-get-feature -a frontlight

Returns 1

Anything else to try?
zorko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's on my 'TO INVESTIGATE' list. From what I gathered, it seems to be using an encrypted (?!) model-specific database, but I didn't get further than that.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
?? http://sqlcipher.net/ ??
Encrypted SQLite3 - - not the only such critter in the world of embedded systems.

Note: There should be one in recent versions of Build Root.

Lots of fun breaking 256 AES - CBC, if that is what you are looking at.
(but the key must be lying around somewhere)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@knc1: Not actually sure it's SQLite at all. Read that as 'binary blob' until further investigations .
Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
On Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Code:
devcap-encrypt -i /etc/deviceConfig.conf /tmp/deviceConfig.decrypted.conf
will create INI-like file:
Spoiler:
Code:
# Groups are started by a header line containing the group name enclosed in '[' and ']',
# and ended implicitly by the start of the next group or the end of the file. 
# The group common contains features common to all devices, the remaining groups are devices associated with the platform.
# If feature.available=value does not exist its value will be assumed as false by default.
# For example audio.available key not existing means that there is no audio available.
# Please make sure the entries added here are not part of values calculated at runtime. Those value will be overwritten.
# For example varlocal.size will be overwritten by the value obtained from the ioctl call.
[common]
screen.available=true
screen.dpi=167
screen.resolution.width=600
screen.resolution.height=800
framebuffer.stride=608
wifi.available=true
touch.available=true
touch.proc=/proc/touch
button.home.available=true
usb.available=true
audio.available=true
accessory.available=true
adtcp.available=false
menu.wireless.available=true
archivepurchasedate.update=true
verticalswipe.available=true
[whitney]
wan.available=true
[whitney_wfo]

Obviously, it's the source for devcap-get-feature tool:
Code:
# devcap-get-feature -a audio
# devcap-get-feature -s audio available
true
# devcap-get-feature -i screen dpi
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@eureka: Awesome, thanks! :}.