Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
AliciaNunz
AliciaNunz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
Talking Sharing books between Kobo and Nook

Hi all,

I have a Kobo Mini and hubby has a Nook. What I need to know is this - if I backup Calibre to disc (with my Kobo books)will he be ableto copy that file to his computer and upload the books to his Nook? It makes no sense for both of us to organize books in Calibre on our separate 'puters if we don't have to. I wanted to ask first before attempting it and crying in frustration if it doesn't work LOL

AliciaNunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Any DRM-free books you have in Calibre can be put on your husband's Nook, either directly or via his own computer. A very handy thing to do is to share a Calibre library if you're going to read each other's books: you can move your Calibre library to for instance, a dropbox folder and both use that dropbox folder as Calibre's library.

Books that are DRM protected you can put on your husbands Nook by authorising his Nook to your Adobe Digital Editions account. (Or removing the DRM: search for Apprentice Alf in google.)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo mini, nook, sharing