Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #16
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatSnoozes View Post
Trying again I got 'E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN' error message. I can't find any reference to what this is on the web. Ideas, anyone?

Note 1: The PDFs are readable in Adobe. (Also readable in calibre). MOST epubs only show table of contents and cover - not sure if this is related somehow?

Note 2: I keep getting 'delayed write failed' messages - I'm assuming this is related somehow?
Yes, you have some sort of problem with the way your computer is communicating to the disk to which it is attempting to write - presumably, the kobo.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Quote:
How is that easier than downloading than downloading the ascm file, which causes ADE to automatically download the book into it's library, then one single drag'n'drop puts the book on your reader?
You beat me too it! Just to add, when you are asked to download the ascm file, just click on 'Run', not 'Save' and Adobe Digital Editions will automatically open up and download the book.

Afterwards, you may wish to use Calibre to manage your books. You can find the book in My Documents > My Digital Editions. Just drop the file on to the Calibre main window and you're done!
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Best Solution: download books in some other format.

Perhaps if no-one buys books with the offal (sic) Adobe DRM, booksellers will start to notice...
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #19
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
How is that easier than downloading than downloading the ascm file, which causes ADE to automatically download the book into it's library, then one single drag'n'drop puts the book on your reader?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
You beat me too it! Just to add, when you are asked to download the ascm file, just click on 'Run', not 'Save' and Adobe Digital Editions will automatically open up and download the book.

Afterwards, you may wish to use Calibre to manage your books. You can find the book in My Documents > My Digital Editions. Just drop the file on to the Calibre main window and you're done!
Each to their own, eh

But where's Wombat (the OP) .... reckon he's run off and bought paper books instead.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #20
WombatSnoozes
WombatSnoozes began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
The computer is 'old' (5 years or so). I've tried both USB ports and the problem happens so I'm betting you're right and its antiquated hardware.

Will try find the setting and have a fiddle, see if that fixes it.

If I can't, or it doesn't, I'll have to try bribe the computer tech to take a look for me.
WombatSnoozes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert