Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
craziskata
craziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with otherscraziskata plays well with others

Device: DXG
Can I use a regular DX(i) to debrick a DXG?

Will a non-DXG rootfs work on a DXG? Or do both have to the same?

I need to be sure before I purchase a killer-priced DX.

Thanks for this excellent community, guys (and gals)!

Last edited by craziskata; 09-01-2012 at 09:31 PM.
craziskata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by craziskata View Post

Have you found the method to de-brick a DX(anything)?
Do you have a link to the method?

You could speculate - buy the brick now, watch for someone to develop the de-brick method if you don't do it yourself.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by craziskata View Post

DX and DXG use the same firmware, so it should work.

Currently, serial port recovery is the only known debricking method for DX/DXG, until the "magic key" (or equivalent) is discovered.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:26 AM   #4
outmyth
outmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheeseoutmyth can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle dxg
did we find the "magic" way to undemo DXG without using serial port? I have one that purchased from ebay handy, still waiting....
outmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If so, it has not been published here within the last year.

Although I can't speak for the outmyth part of "we"
Advert
Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
JonnyFant
JonnyFant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I also need some help with a bricked DXG.
I've read & followed all the other post re this problem but can't get anything out of the unit. Tried all the restart techniques described - gave it a new fully charged battery and still get no rsponse.
I've connected it to a serial to TTL (1.8v) cable using Hyperterm - still nothing .. dead.
Is there anything more i can check before I trash the thing ?
JonnyFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

I could use some DXG spare parts myself, PM me before you trash it.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
JonnyFant

mmm ... I hear vultures overhead :-)
Will want to be sure i have tried all before my DXG gets sacrificed
Old 07-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyFant View Post
mmm ... I hear vultures overhead :-)
Will want to be sure i have tried all before my DXG gets sacrificed
???
You are the one who posted their intent to "trash it".

Now you post about "vultures" - before even PMing me to find out the details.

So ok - I will post the reasons - - -
The Kual Project members do have DX machines for use as test hardware.
The time may come when those machines need parts - -
A much better use for your dead machine than to "trash" (in English: "discard") it.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:58 AM   #10
JonnyFant

Apologies Knc1 no intention to offend - just my misguided humor. Sorry.

I can fuly understand your request being a developer myself albeit in another field. Will pm you when i have given up on this unit.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyFant View Post
Apologies Knc1 no intention to offend - just my misguided humor. Sorry.

I can fuly understand your request being a developer myself albeit in another field. Will pm you when i have given up on this unit.
Not a problem.
I may have been a bit over-sensitive yesterday.

All of our DX machines are still working - -
But those devices are getting old, and I know the day is coming . . . .