Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Second time battery has drained while OFF!!!

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago, too! My Vox seems to hold a charge fine if I leave it intermittently throughout the day (powered off or in sleep mode). I have left it turned off overnight or during the day several times with no I'll affect...but it's only been for less than 8 hours. Seems as soon as I leave it off for more than that, the charge gets eaten up.

Does anyone think it's possible for the battery to drain very slowly while turned off???

Last edited by pokee; 12-01-2011 at 03:00 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
Did you try just plugging it in for a short time, turn it on and unplug it? If that works (and it does for me), then there is a problem with the internal firmware (the part that is lower than Android). A few complete charging cycles should help.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hieronymos View Post
Did you try just plugging it in for a short time, turn it on and unplug it? If that works (and it does for me), then there is a problem with the internal firmware (the part that is lower than Android). A few complete charging cycles should help.
Yeah, I did try that, and it didn't work. The battery was, in fact, completely drained. It's like the Vox didn't turn off properly (and slept instead) even though I physically turned it off.

I am going to be testing this more in the future to see if it happens again...
Old 12-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
wifi on or off? sleeping or right off? wifi on kills the vox battery while sleeping. either use plane mode or turn it right off.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
wifi on or off? sleeping or right off? wifi on kills the vox battery while sleeping. either use plane mode or turn it right off.
WiFi off and TURNED OFF! I know it seems impossible, but everything OFF and the battery still drained because I left it unplugged for almost 24 hours.

Battery lasts fine (and sometimes a really long time) when I use the thing, so I don't think it's an issue with the battery holding a charge. I think it's an issue when I turn my Vox off. My theory is when I turn it off, my Vox acts like it's sleeping...
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #6
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
And must be doing the wake from sleep and hang thing which seems like new undesirable behavior after the upgrade. It used to wake and go back to sleep only but now it sometimes wakes with the three 'buttons' lit in some sort of on mode.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

My vox is doing the same and the clock apparently reset as well as the date when I put it to sleep. And the wifi was off as well as the advanced wifi options. Still no video or vpn either. SHEESH Come on Kobo. LET'S GO!! Frustrated!!

Last edited by cypherslock; 12-02-2011 at 11:31 AM.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #8
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

So I took the back off and hit the reset button and now the battery indicator is moving again. It was charging (got to 60%) just that the indicator wasn't moving.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
I Just had the same problem cypherslock. Battery was near dead and put it to charge an hour ago. I look at it now, and it's frozen so I hard reset and it's still sitting at 10%.
No way that's right so for the first time, I pried off the back to reset. I must say I felt nervous it felt as if it would snap. Once reset, it's reading normal but this is I think the second time it's done this to me I just didn't think of it.. As it'd died on me later due to the wrong charge number. The first time in that is.
Now I paid attention and I will be more often now. I only thought to check because I need it to show hairdresser the haircut I want.

Edit: and now for the third time..

Last edited by Jesslynne; 12-02-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote