Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2007, 06:25 AM   #1
moneytoo
Enthusiast
moneytoo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Book Designer - too many breaks/paragraphs?

Hi,
im trying to look my (first :-) ) book perfect. I have a little problem with breaks in Book Designer (using the latest one).
Im importing txt file. All is ok, autodetecting chapters ets works fine but it ignores single lines. The file is about 360 kB. If I cut the file size to cca 250 kB it magicly loads every line as I want to. I have even try .html, . doc, and .rtf - it imports and displays lines ok but I cannot use it because it somehow corrupts (only one) accented letter (even if the encoding is right - CP1250).

Have you experienced similar behaviour when importing larger .txt files?

Thanks

Heres what does it look -

Heres what I want (and thats how it looks with the smaller file)
moneytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Check the language setting in options. I use German even though everything I create is English.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
moneytoo
Enthusiast

I have already set the language to "Czech" as it is displayed in the bottom bar but it didnt help.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you change the language settings, do so before you load the text file so it uses the changed settings before it loads the file.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
moneytoo
Enthusiast

I already know the need to reload the text.
The encoding problem is only with one char and only in html/rtf/doc files. This one is the char: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ž
It even more weird because it ignores only lower case. Upper case is ok. So it may be some bug in code page convertion in BD. Im going try it again and harder with BD. :-)
Advert
Old 10-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't forget to also try Book Cleaner. It's needed for some things and maybe this is one of them.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #7
moneytoo
Enthusiast

Well, Im able to replace this one character but I have just realized that another two characters are missing. Im giving up for now.
Im going to use the txt import and try to explore more features of BD and another software. Or maybe respond someone from Czech...

Thank you guys anyway
Old 10-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Would you please attach this text file? I'd like to try something with it.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
moneytoo
Enthusiast

Thank you so much JSWolf. I really appreciate it.

This is how it look like in Notepad

Import in Book Designer (lost lines)

RTF Import in Book Designer (few missing or wrong characters)

(The book I have is free old classic Divine Comedy from Dante Alighieri, found on palmknihy.cz. In Czech, codepage 1250.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip dante.zip (336.8 KB, 417 views)
Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #10
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
1. Install FictionBookDesigner (contrary to BD, FBD provides the full unicode support for the file import).

Installer: http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...okDesigner.zip
Update: http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...2006_11_29.zip

2. Open FBD, assign lang "Polish" and load your file.
3. Make in FBD html0-file (F10)

4. Open BD, assign lang "Czech", load html0-file made with FBD.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:48 PM   #11
moneytoo
Enthusiast

Thank you so much, vvv. Finaly it works how it is supposed to.

Tags
bookdesigner