Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Augaire
Muse wrangler
Augaire began at the beginning.

Device: enturage edge
Ermine win/lose?

Thanks to all the reviews of the Ermine beta on the forums, and the iffy speculation on the future of our beloved device I went ahead and made the leap to Ermine. So far I am really enjoying the speed and other functionality. I'm hoping for a full release once allot us poke the beta with a stick for a while and report our results.

So far I vote it a win.

Cons.
The native browser would randomly crash on me before, so the new behavior is pretty standard from my perspective. Still annoying.

Questions
- anyone found a working virus scan app?

Augaire
(It's pronounced Ari)
Augaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
janhall_us
Enthusiast
janhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle2, Pocket eDGe, (full-size) eDGe, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 10.1
Froyo AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augaire View Post
Questions- anyone found a working virus scan app?
I'm using AVG with no issues on eDGe Froyo. It was installed on 1.6 and upgraded with the OS though.

~Jan
janhall_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
STL Droid
STL Droid began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Hi,
Just wanted to say I switched to Ermine this weekend. Took a bit of time for the total instal, about 6 min. The results though are very nice. Nice look, on the PE, and very fast. % screens, and yes, I can use the camera with Evernote. However, I cannot get any program that is supposed to run on froyo 2.2 to install. Yahoo messenger, a paint program, they won't download in Amazon, Yahoo won't show me the link. It's as though this install doesn't tell the software that it is 2.2
Very odd.

I like it, it seems stable, I just wish it were really, really froyo rather than an adaptation of froyo.
STL Droid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
That is odd. I have installed several Froyo only programs without problems. (e.g. repligo) THe only problems is that certain programs are design for faster processors and the edge may be too slow to run them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Droid View Post
Hi,
Just wanted to say I switched to Ermine this weekend. Took a bit of time for the total instal, about 6 min. The results though are very nice. Nice look, on the PE, and very fast. % screens, and yes, I can use the camera with Evernote. However, I cannot get any program that is supposed to run on froyo 2.2 to install. Yahoo messenger, a paint program, they won't download in Amazon, Yahoo won't show me the link. It's as though this install doesn't tell the software that it is 2.2
Very odd.

I like it, it seems stable, I just wish it were really, really froyo rather than an adaptation of froyo.
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
janhall_us
Enthusiast
janhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle2, Pocket eDGe, (full-size) eDGe, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
That is odd. I have installed several Froyo only programs without problems.
Yep, me too. I'd been waiting for Froyo for Dolphin HD and it immediately installed and runs without problems. Perhaps you just have bad luck in picking programs to try
janhall_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by janhall_us View Post
Yep, me too. I'd been waiting for Froyo for Dolphin HD and it immediately installed and runs without problems. Perhaps you just have bad luck in picking programs to try
Where did you get dolphin?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
http://slideme.org/en/application/dolphin-browser-hd ?
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote