Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 04:34 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free Book (Kindle) - Guard Your Mission, Stay in Control

Guard Your Mission, Stay in Control , by Seth Goldman, is a business short from FT Press.

Book Description
Seth Goldman, cofounder and TeaEO of Honest Tea, the fast-growing pioneer of organic brews favored by discerning tea lovers including President Barack Obama, shared the advice that has shaped his company and career: Never lose control of your company's money, whether you're spending it or raising it. And run your business as if you are going to own it forever.

I got lots of bad advice as I was building Honest Tea. Luckily, I was smart enough not to take most of it. Among the worst nonstarters:

* Add more sugar (which would have undone one key factor that made us stand out).
* Rebrand Honest Tea as a low-carb company. (Those low-carb diets, with people eating bacon three times a day, have little appeal for our health-conscious clients.)
* Sell energy drinks. (There was almost zero overlap of energy-drink buyers with our core customers.)

Any of those ideas would probably have wrecked the company. But fortunately, we benefited from two wonderfully wise advisers-Gary Hirshberg, cofounder of Stonyfield, and Jeff Swartz, CEO of Timberland. Their counsel shaped my company, my career, and my life. They preached two core rules: Never lose control of your company's money, both incoming and outgoing, and run the business as if you plan to own it forever....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote