Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Tea or Coffee? Coffee or Tea?
Tea 44 47.83%
Coffee 45 48.91%
Neither 10 10.87%
*Neutral* 2 2.17%
Spain 5 5.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Question Coffee or Tea?

So, which is your caffeinated... or decaffeinated, as the case may be... brew of choice?

--
Personally I'm a heavy Tea drinker. I'm especially fond of spiced black teas. And in fact I have a severe distaste for Coffee.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:54 AM   #2
Nate0072
Enthusiast
Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505 (Silver)
I like nothing more than drinking a large, strong coffee whilst reading on my Sony.
Nate0072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:19 AM   #3
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I can't drink straight coffe (only a tiny little bit with milk or in the quantities in a coke), I become "alergic" to it for no reason (i get sick when I drink an expresso, for example).

I don't like tea... It's like hot water. I guess it could be a matter of habbit.

What I find out a like to do while reading in my Cybook, is to be nibbling a piece of fruit. That one advantage of having an ebook: it frees one hand.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:44 AM   #4
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Tea! Tea! And more tea!!!
I drink about 3-4 litres of tea every day. English Breakfast tea (Taylor's of Harrogate,) Yorkshire Tea (it's not for them wot's from Surry!) Keemun and Assam. Hot and black, no sugar or lemon. For a rainy cold November day reading by the window, nothing beats a steaming mug of Lapsang Souchang. (Except perhaps a good single malt.... Nah... TEA!!)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Tea! Tea! And more tea!!!
.... Hot and black, no sugar or lemon.
Same here!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:25 AM   #6
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Viva España

I am mainly a tea drinker- made with leaf can't stand the taste of the paper in tea bags or the poor quality dust they are made from.

I do however enjoy a cup of fresh ground coffee with my breakfast along with fresh orange juice (from my garden, whole 6 months of the year have oranges)

So I voted Tea , Coffee - and Spain of course
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i must have my café au lait in the morning (as my brother once remarked, there's no point in trying to talk to me before i have ) but the rest of the day i drink tea. at home i drink it black, no sugar or milk, and depending on the time of day and my mood i like lapsang souchong, chaï masala, prince vladimir from kusmi tea (similar to earl grey), or maybe black tea like keemun, or else ginger tea (particularly in winter or if i'm feeling a bit under the weather). my father makes black tea with honey and with him i drink it the same way even though i don't take honey at home.

i can't drink coffee past lunchtime, it will keep me up, and in fact too much tea will as well so in the evening i drink non-caffeinated tea. my current favorite is a masala chai made with rooibos tea, i can't pronounce it but it tastes good ! sadly i finished the box so i'll have to go back to the indian neighborhood to get some more.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:34 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Tea!

I love Taylor's, sadly it's not that easily available here... We need a new batch... I'm particular fond of Earl Grey.

And I can't stand Rooibos... (who would drink a red forest anyway?!?!)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:38 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Tea!

I love Taylor's, sadly it's not that easily available here... We need a new batch... I'm particular fond of Earl Grey.

And I can't stand Rooibos... (who would drink a red forest anyway?!?!)
i used to agree with you, until i tasted this chaï masala rooibos. it tastes not like rooibos (which, in my experience, has not much of a taste...) but like chaï masala...

if you like earl grey, have you tried princ wladimir ? i thought i wouldn't like it because i'm a bit of a purist but it's quite delicious...
Old 05-24-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wow what a pretty tin.

'Fraid I am a coffee drinker - doesn't even have to be posh coffee, can just be old freeze dried instant lol - I just love the stuff. First cup is at 6:30am normally and last is about 10pm. Maybe that is why I have trouble sleeping...........
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:50 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i used to agree with you, until i tasted this chaï masala rooibos. it tastes not like rooibos (which, in my experience, has not much of a taste...) but like chaï masala...

if you like earl grey, have you tried princ wladimir ? i thought i wouldn't like it because i'm a bit of a purist but it's quite delicious...
Not a lot of tea shops around here that carry Russian tea... I finally found one that carries Taylor's... (most carry Simon Lévelt)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:50 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Wow what a pretty tin.

'Fraid I am a coffee drinker - doesn't even have to be posh coffee, can just be old freeze dried instant lol - I just love the stuff. First cup is at 6:30am normally and last is about 10pm. Maybe that is why I have trouble sleeping...........
maybe so.

(nice avatar !!)
Old 05-24-2009, 06:52 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Not a lot of tea shops around here that carry Russian tea... I finally found one that carries Taylor's... (most carry Simon Lévelt)
well, the brand kusmi tea is french actually, i would think you could find it there.. if not i think you can order online : http://www.kusmitea.com/
Old 05-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #14
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
I like both at different times of the day so I picked neutral.
An English Breakfast to take back to bed with me in the mornings. (The joys of being old and retired.)
Vanilla tea mid afternoon.
Coffee midmorning and late afternoon.
(Tea and coffee don't get a look in in the late evenings - that's time for muscat.)
I have about 6 different kinds of tea bags and 6 different flavours of instant coffee.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #15
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
CHOCOLATE! (you people are falling down in the polls, let me tell you!)

Okay, coffee. Fresh, hot, and weak (sorry). Frankly, I prefer just a cup (a pot, really) of Folger's (sorry). After my morning pot is gone (about 9:00 or 10:00), I'm fully wired and so go strictly decaf the rest of the day by drinking herbal teas.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote